The dreaded classic rear arch inspection

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by andyscoob, Dec 3, 2017.

1. andyscoob

andyscoob Active Member

Evening all,

After reading a lot of posts about the rear arches on the classic impreza and talking to people about where it starts I thought I would take the plunge and strip out my boot lining and inspect the inner skin. My outer skins have absolutely no signs of corrosion at all.

The left hand side rear one appeared to be virtually undamaged. The right hand one on the other hand has got some corrosion evident, little bit gutted but she is 24 years old now and before my ownership she lived for 8 years in Scotland and was only used during the winter months by the previous owner.

I wanted to ask fellow owners how much it roughly costs to have the arch sorted out and what measures I can take to stop it coming back. For now I have used a wire brush to remove as much corrosion as I could get too as its such a tight space in there, then I used some hammerite stuff on it (the green gel) and then finished off with some waxoyl in an attempt to slow it down.

Attached Files:

2. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

I think you've done as much as you can there, it doesn't look too bad, there are all sorts of things you can do, it just depends how much you want to spend?

Keep pour eye on it and see how it goes Andy?