Stepping down

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by Tarzan !!, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Tarzan !!

Tarzan !! Well-Known Member

Hi all.

I know this was mentioned today but I just wanted to confirm the fact that I am stepping down from the Admin team.

There are a number of things that have led to this decision, and it has been a hard decision to make. I won't go into details as it isn't one particular event , just an accumulation over the years and I am afraid events this past week have just been the final straw.

I love this club and have made a lot of very good friends over the years, but there are only so many, dig's, jibes and nonsense you can take before its time to call it a day, it is after all a hobby not a job.

This is a very friendly club and some people just need to remember it is run by volunteers who are doing their best, in their own spare time and often spending their own money to keep this club running as well as it does.

I am not planning on leaving the club, even though I have no scoob anymore, although it has never just been about the car's for me , it's more about the people and there are a lot of great people in this club.

I wish all the remaining Admin all the best and I am still here to help and will still be sorting out a few events to help them out. Remember you don't have to be on Admin to help out. :wink:

Not sure if this is a permanent move ( unless the guys wont have me back :D )or just a need to get away from it for a while but I am sure I will see most of you at events and meetings in the not to distant future.

Take care Tarzan !!

2. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Sad to hear Ian :( :(

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As above. Glad you're staying involved though someone needs to order the weather for the flag market :wink:

Michael

4. Braggy71

Braggy71 Well-Known Member

Already said how sorry we are to hear the new Ian, glad you are staying involved and look forward to some beers when we go camping :lol:
    Still it's a big a loss to the team, as always we will continue to 'do our bit' for the club if and whenever it is called upon.

Mel n Phil

5. skins21

skins21 Active Member

sad day Ian :cry:

top bloke [​IMG][​IMG]

6. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

Take my hat off to any admin staff, I have a friend who mods on another forum and see how much he does, a lot of it behind the scenes unseen by us normal users.

You know you'll miss the power of the ban hammer lol only a matter of time haha thanks for your help through out the years.

7. shurm

shurm New Member

You have a break mate and see how you feel, probably be good for you.

all the best

8. Watky

Watky New Member

Ian you are one of the LADS legends, your enthusiasm and level of professionalism within the club is amazing and you'll be missed pal.

The CPOP trip with Gimpy and Volo will always be one of my highlights, great laugh. Dont go far E

9. st3vo

st3vo New Member

was sorry to hear this Ian, wont quite feel the same. im glad to hear you will still be hangin/swingin around and hopefully will bump into you at this summers 10th aniversary campin trip.
    :(
    Stevo

10. dave-w-

dave-w- Well-Known Member

11. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Sorry to see this ian

12. tharrington

tharrington Active Member

Being new to the forum I don't know you personally Ian but anyone who gives their time & effort to something they believe in comes highly recommended in my estimation.

Taking time out will help you to re-focus & decide what is the best way forward both for you personally & the club.

Whatever decision you come to will be the right decision for all concerned.

13. HAGGY

HAGGY Admin

Top Bloke you are ian , and all the work you do behind the scenes will be
    missed mate !! you allways kno the admin door will be open for you !
    nige :)

14. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

+1, ditto etc etc.

I would like to THANK YOU for all your (and familys) time and efforts that have gone into making this club as good as it is. See ya soon Ian :wink:

15. subzero

subzero Member

Sad news

16. sirduds

sirduds Active Member

all i can say is :shock: :(

17. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Well mate, I have to say this is probably one of the worst bits of news I have ever had, certainly the worst regarding this club of ours :(

Your help, involvement and enthusiasm for this club and admin mainly, will be missed throughout, especially by me.

I knew when I first met you on that rally in Grizedale all those years ago you were a top fella and we hit it off straight away, your friendship is priceless and we have many more events, parties, house parties to see out :roll: :lol: Besides, your bacon butties after Sunday meetings are second to none :wink: :)

Don't go far mate, the door will be open for a return any time you want.

Dave

18. Velmadoo

Velmadoo New Member

Sorry to hear you are leaving Admin Ian but both Martin and I understand exactly how difficult it is to juggle being on Admin with every other aspect of life and, how difficult it is to make the decision to step down.

I hope you, Audrey, Adam & Lucy are all well and hope to catch up with you all soon.

Take care, look after yourself and keep smiling.

Love Andrea & Martin
    xx

19. garyboxer

garyboxer Full member

Gutted with your decision Ian and it is a sad loss to the club. However we respect your decision and your input will always be appreciated. I am quite sure the door to admin will be open in the future and look forward to seeing you, Audrey, Adam and Lucy in the near future.
    Regards Gary, Karen and Jack.

20. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Well, sad news indeed Ian but as many people have expressed above, your efforts to ensure the club has gone from strength to strength and your enthusiasm are held in very high regard.
    Personally I am sorry to hear the news but if the decision feels right for you then it probably is right. Only time will tell.
    I know you won't be a stranger 'cos your not like that and I'm sure we'll still meet up and have laugh on the rallies.
    All the best to you Audrey and the family.