Scoobs replacement....

Discussion in 'Other Performance Marques' started by K30FOY, Sep 17, 2011.

1. K30FOY

K30FOY New Member

Sold my scooby over 6 months ago due to fuel costs etc, had a Fiesta in between, now have this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of the last ones registered, not many i this colour, kit and engine (1.8 K-series)

Loving the fuel economy.

:D

2. bigian

bigian New Member

not that cheap when the head gasket goes . my lad's changing them all day long the head cracks on the 1.8 . no use second hand head as always cracked £800 + to sort it .had one in this week the fella scrapped the car .. so don't take it to the limit,,,them k series engine's are crap go to easy had them in the past in racing mini clubman .. take it easy ..

3. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Very nice Kev 8)

I've moved this into other performance marques for you :wink:

4. scalesy

scalesy New Member

Very nice m8 had a few hot Rovers over the years! Inc 1.8VVC and a ZS180 Hatch :D The main thing is to warm them up well before going over 3k-4k revs as the K series can suffer from "Thermal Shock" Warm them up good and you will never have a problem! :wink: Love the look of the Face Lift ZS Sweet Ride m8 8)

5. K30FOY

K30FOY New Member

Head gasket been done with the uprated version, cambelt, water pump etc. Never heard of the cyl head cracking, 1.8 the same as the 1.6 engine just the bottom end has been bored and stroked? Have been told that if you drive it in constantly high rpm it will give up, its not a high performance engine anyway. You'll probably find that most people get in it and drive hard straight from cold anyway.

You got a garage then bigian? In Crosby?

6. K30FOY

K30FOY New Member

Thanks Elv1s, wondered where it went, :)

Always at proper operating temp if I venture into the high rpm's. Was thinking of a 180, but the economy is same as a Scooby. Think I might use it for a while then mothball it?

7. scalesy

scalesy New Member

The 1.8 K series is a sweet little motor! All the kit cars that use them cant be wrong! :twisted: The ZS180 is a lot better on Juice than a Scoob but saying that a 4.5l V8 BMW is better than a Scoob on Juice! :lol: I was geting 25mpg when I had mine! But can drink it when out having Fun! Stick with the 1.8 and save a Mint! I am loving my 2.0 Honda had 330miles for £60 on a trip to Wales! :D

8. K30FOY

K30FOY New Member

Just been looking at Caterhams etc and the old RAC BTCC ZS with a K series engine.

[​IMG]

So they cant be wrong. :wink: