Qs for Andrew

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Triple X, Apr 27, 2004.

1. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

Also, there is no difference in the TMIC core properties between a UK MY99/00 and an STi5/6.

Andrew...

2. Andy.McCord

Andy.McCord New Member

Didnt realise that Andrew, so the clam for STi V I/Cs are to replace the offset model I/Cs I presume. I would really like to fit a FMIC 1 day but not having a Link fitted means another tedious trip to swindon.

3. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

The 99-00 TMIC are a good upgrade to any pre-99 car, I had one on my MY98 before the FMIC and I could run 1.4 instead of 1.25bar midrange with a bit more timing at the topend.

We could really do with an ECUTEK mapper in the NW.

Andrew...

4. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

The effect it would have if it was restricting the airflow anyhow would be the thermostat would be open longer and the fans might run longer too to keep the temp levels the same as before.

Andrew, roger ten four, over! [:p]

5. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

ECUTEK mapper in the NW?

Who could possibly be upto the job?! [:D]

6. Andy.McCord

Andy.McCord New Member

My thoughts exactly John [:D] I dont think its entirely fair for you to have your own private mapper [:D]. It must have crossed your mind Andrew just once or twice, after all, if Bob can run 2 companys & a mapping business, you would pish it.

Care 2 comment?

7. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

I have thought about it and discussed it with a few people and I know I could make a bit of pocket money and brighten up the lives of all around me [:)] but to be honest, my car is my hobby and I want to keep it that way, after all I lost interest in building electronic trading systems at home after doing it full time for a few years [:D]

If I can persuade my wife to swap the Freelander for a Forrester STI then I might think again.

Andrew...

8. Andy.McCord

Andy.McCord New Member

Its a shame that you will not allow your hobby to earn you good money which in turn would fuel your hobby 4 u, I could fully understand family issues though, just 1 other thing, do you still retain Aircon with these FMIC.

9. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

Andy, aircon is kept yes. The only thing is that cus the aircon subarus have two fans upfront the passenger side fan might need a slight bit of the support taking off so that the FMIC pipework doesnt rub against it and eventually wear through.
    Andrew pointed this out to me but cus he doesnt have aircon he moved the fan over to the drivers side giving the pipework plenty of room.

10. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

Aircon Schmaircon - you live in Britain for goodness sake, ditch it, save the weight and gain some power.

Andrew...