McRaeGathering

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by McRaeGathering, Jan 11, 2008.

1. McRaeGathering

McRaeGathering New Member

McRae Gathering
    30th and 31st of August 2008

In the past few months since the sad passing of Colin McRae, feverish work has taken place behind the scenes to create a tribute from the Subaru community with the view of celebrating the life of a true legend. Now that official permission has been obtained from the parties concerned, McRae Estate, Jimmy and Margaret McRae and Prodrive, and approval for our plan been obtained from the relevent authorities, this is the time to release the details of what is planned.

An event taking place on the weekend of Aug 30th and 31st comprising of a convoy of Impreza's from Lanark, Colin's home town and Prodrive in Banbury. An overnight stop comprised of either camping for the hardcore or Travelodge/B & B's for the not so hardcore and a mass Subaru meeting on the Sunday at Prodrive in Banbury.

The route of the convoy is as follows and has been designed to go through or be near as many regions as possible

Lanark - M74 - M6 - M61 - M60 - M62 - M1 - M25 - M40 - Prodrive, Banbury

The maximum speed of the convoy will be 10mph less than the given speed limit for the road and NO excessive speed will be tolerated by ANYONE.

Everyone taking part in the convoy will have one of these stickers on there car to designate that they are indeed part of the convoy. Details of cost and how to obtain the official stickers will be made available in the next week or two

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/s ... nvoy-3.gif

This event will be posted on every Subaru BBS/Club/Forum across the land

• SIDC
    • Scoobynet
    • 22b.com
    • P1 Owners Club
    • RB5 Owners Club
    • Irish Subaru Drivers Club
    • AberdeenScoobies
    • AyrshireScoobies
    • SussexScoobies
    • ImprezaSport.net
    • LADS
    • MidlandScoobies
    • Scoobycity
    • Southernscoobies
    • Southwestscoobies.org.uk
    • WYIOC
    • SurreyScoobs
    • DevonScoobs
    • Essexscoobs
    • Sheffieldscooby
    • SMACS
    • TypeRA.co.uk
    • WR1 Owners Club
    • CumbrianScoobs

Please inform me if i have missed any clubs from the list and i will join up to the ones i missed and help get everyone involved

Any questions please do not hesitate in the slightest and foward your enquiry to McRaeGathering@hotmail.com

2. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

It will be an honour to attend this event :( :(

3. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

I agree - it will be an honour. :cry:

4. Tarzan !!

Tarzan !! Well-Known Member

Wouldn't miss it :cry: :cry:

5. scoo8y

scoo8y Member

It would be a privelage to dress my car with that sticker :cry:

6. scoobyphil2000

scoobyphil2000 No there not new wheels

count me in

7. scoobydave

scoobydave New Member

I'd love to take part! :wink:

8. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Thanks for posting this Grant, anything LADS and LADS admin can do to help just give us a shout.

It will be an honour to be involved to the great man :(

9. Stressymare

Stressymare New Member

im there

10. Cunny

Cunny New Member

Count me in too wouldnt wanna miss this

11. binglecheese

binglecheese Active Member

should be good :D

12. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

count me in :wink:

13. cross

cross Member

im in :D

14. blue555scoob

blue555scoob New Member

As long as it doesn't clash with the kids summer hols. I should be there. Squirrel was involved in the official Memorial run into Lanark last year and if that was anything to go by this event will be supperb.
    Will there be a Shell petrol tanker going by any chance :shock:

15. scalesy

scalesy New Member

I will be there too! :cry:

16. McRaeGathering

McRaeGathering New Member

We are pleased to announce that the official website for the 2008 McRae Gathering has now gone live at

http://www.mcrae-gathering.co.uk

This is a totally independent website, not affiliated to any Club or Organisation which is designed to be a central source of information for both individuals and Club webmasters alike to keep up to date with the latest in planning for what is sure to be a weekend to remember and to ask any questions that may arise.

You can sign up to our spam-free mailing list to get the latest news direct to your Inbox, we will be building a FAQ of your most frequently asked questions and there will also be an online shop where you can order your official McRae Gathering stickers (and maybe more!)

Webmasters are encouraged to visit and read the intro article to make sure we link back to the sites that are supporting this event.

This has the potential to be the largest ever organised Subaru event in the UK. Let's do Colin proud!

17. Watky

Watky New Member

Wild horses wouldn't keep me away from this event!!!
    Mark.

18. v4 vinny

v4 vinny Guest

mc rae gathering

im in too , look forward to it :D

19. Tangochile

Tangochile New Member

I am gutted - we will be on holiday in 'sunny' Cornwall when the gathering takes place :?
    Oh well, have a good one everyone! :D

20. PHM

PHM New Member

Count me in :cry: