MAG Protest

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by PHM, Sep 21, 2011.

1. PHM

PHM New Member

Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) are co-ordinating protests on the 25th September - bikers will be heading out from hundreds of start points across the UK at 1300 hrs protesting against proposed european changes which affect those wanting to get a bike licence and all those who already have one.

I could go on and I for one don't want to be told what I can and can't do to my bike and which city I can ride in. Where I can get my bike serviced and what tyres I should have fitted. It's all about having the freedom to choose. :x

How long before the European 'bleeeeeps' tell us what we can and can't do to our Scoobs! It won't just affect the car or bike enthusiast but the retailers, the aftermarket suppliers etc.

I'll be at the M56 Chester Services start point on my bike but the missus will be with the kids in the Scoob.

Sorry for the rant but any bikers who can spare an hour on Sunday, show support! This is a protest to show the govt that we mean business by getting numbers together. It's on a Sunday to prevent disruption but it's just the start. 8)

2. Graphite

Graphite 23rd June 2016 - Vote LEAVE EU!

Thanks for posting - saw it in MCN - it's outrageous! Flippin' MORRONS!!!

You can only vote UKIP or BNP to get away from all this Euro rubbish - any other vote is for more of the same - the Torries promised a referendum and have proved to be liars in that respect. I wrote to my MP about it - a Tory - unfortunately he is one of those voting for greater integration!!!

Makes my blood boil!

Mr Angry from Purley :x

Trouble with politics is - you can only vote for politicians... :lol:

3. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Politicians telling Porkies! In modern Britain, surely not!! :roll:

Not up to date with this topic, and though I haven't had a bike for years I do have the licence. Would be interested in the impact on those with a current Bike licence?

PS Whats the difference between a politician and a Haddock?
    One's wet & slimey, the others a Fish :evil:

4. Graphite

LOL @ FroSTI :lol:

Link here... http://www.mag-uk.org/en/campaignsdetail/a6883

There is a meeting point at M55 B&Q car park - might see if I can get there on Sunday and go in the Scoob - bike's still not running properly :cry:

Only thing is... F1 on Sunday and bacon sarnies at home.... :? :lol:

5. PHM

PHM New Member

Go for it.....the run itself is only for 20 mins and then the bikes will disperse.

Watch F1 on i-player and get the missus to do the bacon sarnies later :lol:

6. Graphite

Managed to get there - not as early as I'd hoped... :roll:

Very exciting event... Saw the roundabout jammed up 5 mins early... Went to car park - no bikes there... Just set off to try to catch them when some (more traditional :wink: ) late-comers arrived... So I joined them...

[​IMG]

After that disaster of not being able see any bikes let alone be part of the demo and just stuck in blocked motorway traffic on the M55 I thought OK, off at Kirkham - lets have a blast home on one of my favourite roads... which is getting more interesting as the weeks go on... LOL :D

Since I'd got the video set up - all perfect for a quiet country run in a Scoob... :wink:

[​IMG]

Gaaahhhhh - who gives these numpties permission to drive on MY ROAD!!! - 20 mph on an empty road!!! AAAAHHHHHGGGG :x :?

Never realised my car clunked banged and creaked so much until watching the videos back! LOL :lol: