LADS Rolling Road Day @ Prosport 3rd March 2012

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by ELV1S, Jan 24, 2012.

1. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Welcome to the 17th running of a LADS Rolling Road event.

This will be held at the original venue Prosport in Stockport, Manchester on Saturday the 3rd March 2012, with the first car on the rollers at 9am.

The onus once again will be on having a great day out, rather than an outright power competition, so advice, engine checks etc will be available throughout the day.

Even if your not interested in a power run its still well worth attending as you can pick up on some great (free) advice in order to mod / maintain your own car and find out which mods do or don't work !

Cost per a run is still held at £40, with £5 of that amount going to the LADS sponsored charity - Macmillan.

This event is open to members & non members.

Please copy the list below and add your name (up to 25 runners).

Please do not add any names for mates / friends etc. Only runners are allowed to add their OWN name as any spare spaces will only be offered to non members at a later date.

After the 25 slots have been filled, please start a reserve list which is always worth adding your name too, as a few people add their names to the runners list only to find other commitments get in the way on the day.

As normal there will be a convoy from Maccy D's near Haslingden which will meet around 7.45am for a 8am departure, if anyone wants to join us to save getting lost.

Runners also need to note that you will need to check tyre pressures, Oil levels, Water levels etc (all the basics)
    BEFORE getting on the rollers.

Could you please ensure these checks have been done PRIOR to turning up at Prosport.

Prosport
    Unit 18
    Heaton Mersey Ind Est
    Battersea Rd
    Heaton Mersey
    Stockport
    SK4 3EA

Hope to see you there.
    Admin

2. Toffee

Toffee New Member

1. Toffee

3. Belly

Belly Member

If its on the 3rd I'd be interested as I'm off that day and it would be a good chance to meet you all as I'm still a meet virgin.
    I should also have had my remap done by then 8)
    Oh dave I think we have a mate in common, a certain ex P1 owner Craig Thompson ? I think his plate was p1 out ?? He says hello anyway bud.
    Andy

4. Tony Burns

Tony Burns New Member

I shall go depening on what day its on.

Tony :)

5. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Hi Andy

Yes know Craig very well, not seen him in a while, great guy.

Say hello to him, must give him a call.

Tony
    Do you intend running or just turning up as a spectator bud, because we need to know runners at this stage.

Cheers

6. Tony Burns

Tony Burns New Member

I shall be running Dave :D Just depends on my shifts.

7. Simmy

Simmy Member

Simmy - def a runner, only the 10th could be a tricky day for me to attend... Any other days are fine at the mo.

8. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

Might be up for this depending on the date (Cant do the 31st as i`m in the US of A!!) any other date should be fine, I`ve not had this one on a RR yet, Got a graph from powerstation from about 5 years back, It might be good to compare :D

Just to keep things a bit tidier :wink:

1. Toffee
    2. Belly(3rd March)
    3. Tony Burns(Date Depending)
    4. Simmy(Not the 10th)
    5. Gaz2293(Not the 31st)

9. boy racer

boy racer Active Member

1. Toffee
    2. Belly(3rd March)
    4. Simmy(Not the 10th)
    5. Gaz2293(Not the 31st)
    6. boy racer

10. Tony Burns

Tony Burns New Member

10th and 17th are the best for me I think date wise.
    Gaz, have a great time in the states :D are you going somewhere nice over there? Thinking of going later this year :wink: but not somewhere very common.

11. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

We are going to Kissimmee, Florida, Doing the parks with the kids now they are a bit older (6 & 10) so hopefully they are at that sort of age they will remember it a bit more,
    Where you thinking of going, There is plenty of choice?

12. Scoobynuts

Scoobynuts New Member

Keen to see what it is running at

1. Toffee
    2. Belly(3rd March)
    4. Simmy(Not the 10th)
    5. Gaz2293(Not the 31st)
    6. boy racer
    7. Scoobynuts

any of the dates OK at present

Regard's Ian

13. Tony Burns

Tony Burns New Member

New Hampshire for me, not badly priced for the days I want to go away for, it will be more of a walking holiday, catch the mountains in the Autumn so taking the camera and have a nice hotel lined up 8)

14. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

Sounds a lot less stressful than mine :D

15. Scoobynuts

Scoobynuts New Member

You Guys sure know how to confuse an old man :roll:

Are we signing up for rolling roads, the marathon or going on holiday together! :wink:

Kind Regard's Ian :lol:

16. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

Seems to gone a bit off topic :D. As you were, lol

1. Toffee
    2. Belly(3rd March)
    4. Simmy(Not the 10th)
    5. Gaz2293(Not the 31st)
    6. boy racer
    7. Scoobynuts

17. GWS73

GWS73 Active Member

Dave, wouldn't mind running the Focus to this.... Can I come and play out with you guys?

18. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Course Gaz it will be good to see you, do you mean actually run it on the rollers bud?

19. GWS73

GWS73 Active Member

Yes, if I'm allowed... :lol:

I presume I'll have to go at the end, so the rollers can be set for my car after all those smokey Scoobs have finished :wink:

But I'm sure I can hang around eating bacon butties and generally annoying people all day - we'll see if Jonboy can get his Focus down there too.

20. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

I'm sure it will be fine Gaz, I'll speak with Pete, that's if this comes off of course :wink:

1. Toffee
    2. Belly(3rd March)
    4. Simmy(Not the 10th)
    5. Gaz2293(Not the 31st)
    6. boy racer
    7. Scoobynuts
    8. GWS73 (Focus)