hi..........

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by snowball scoob, Mar 15, 2013.

1. st3vo

st3vo New Member

i think what they mean is why dont you start with a turbo'd version. you seem to love the classic look. so no point asking you to consider going down the Hawk Blob or Bug route.

you say the insurance is like half price, but by the time youve pimped the sport with all the mods declared the insurance will be the same as an STI.

besides it only costing you £800 (and it better be an absolute minter for that) why would you chuck "hatchback" money at a 16 yr old sport wagon?

2. dave-w-

dave-w- Well-Known Member

3. HAGGY

HAGGY Admin

:shock: :shock:

4. snowball scoob

snowball scoob New Member

been there seen it and done it with the turbo wagon - and i didn't fancy another one - i could've just stripped the turbo off it and put a supercharger and changed a few other bits but that would've defeated the object of the exercise for that wagon :)

this is different, got it wit ha view to doing summat a bit left field and maybe the ideas are bit ott but they're certainly workable and what's more is i wanted a sleeper (as isaid 1st page i think) and if i put that supercharger in there then it'd achieve the aim --- rightly or wrongly --- you takes your pick :)

i'm planning on having this on my driveway for a long time so for me cost doesn't really figure too heavily - i gotta keep it sort of reasonable but if there's summat i see and i can see potential in it then it'll get bought lol :)

from what i've seen in some piccies and what i've been told it's straight as a die and A1 immaculate - until i get home tomorrow i aint gunna be able to say........but i will furnishing this thread with details

the short answer as to why i got another wagon is cos of my border collie (jake) :)

it's why i've always had a wagon - was contemplating a saloon at one point a few years ago and then i got another dog :)

even with the mods i'm planning to do declared (i ran it through a price comparison site) the insurance is still over a grand cheaper so it makes no diff if it's modded or not versus a std/modded wrx turbo 2000 wagon.

why did i chuck the money at it --- don't really recall how it all went down too well tbh cos i had some friends round and we were sat in kitchen discussing all sorts of stuff --- now i gotta do something with it --- it didn't help that we were discussing what to do with kelly's classic).

for me the classic shape is a proper scoob and for me it always will be - i don't really like the rounded body panels of the newer stuff just doesn't do anything for me)

2 bottles of red later and my turbo was sold and i ended up buying the sport --- proper girls night in :)

both my best friends kelly and jayne are scoob mad :)

5. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

this will give u all the power u will ever need u may need just to mod the back end to get fit and u will need bigger brakes than 6 pots pmsl ............................ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/English-Elect ... 20ce4022c2 ......
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. snowball scoob

cheers for this still pmsl :lol: :lol:

you sure that scoob make gearbox and drive train that can handle all that power :shock: :lol:

might be able to run flat out up and down the 6 forget HS2 :roll: lol :)

7. snowball scoob

got talking to neil at sw motorsport and now it's a full "snowball" of a project cos he wants in lol :) it started off with talk of a mini or half a cage etc... and now it's like we can supply and install whatever you want for it lol :)

going to see him at some point next week cos i got a few days work near here so if you see an uuuuurrrrgggghhhh evo 4 being abused going from jct21 upto jct26 of m6 then it's more than likely gunna be me cos i gotta use it next week while mines outta action :(

this project is gunna be huge but it'll be mint when it's finished :)

just sent "scoob" off to get blasted - gotta see exactly what's under the paint and the motor is coming out (i found the bag of spare engine parts that i got from last time so costs might be kept down) - wasn't going to do it but seems a shame to leave it out so am thinking that a full rebuild and remap is justified :)

gotta work harder and longer now or else the bank manager's not gunna be very happy with me lol :)

8. scooby251

scooby251 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome.

I have just "power read" your thread have got time to read the long responses :roll: :lol:

I have to say Your passion and ambition is second to none

What is your intension for the car when it's finished?
    Race car,Track car,sprint car , drag racing, fast road car?

It sounds to me you are more than happy in throwing money down the drain by starting with the wrong car to save on insurance but willing to spend over £20k??

Anything is possible if your pockets are deep enough and modifying companies are more than willing to take your money, but I just don't get it?

A few of us have been there done that and still doing it - me being one :lol:
    I could of built my car for half the cost, if I knew what I wanted from the start and took people's advice.

9. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Good luck with the project Donna but like Paul i am scratching my head a little :?

10. snowball scoob

Hi scooby251 :)

i don't know how you'd categorize what it is i'm planning on doing to scoob - maybe slammed fast road car ?

i got the right car for what i want it for and as for what it's likely to cost about 10months wages after my overheads have been taken out so it's definitely going to be sorted in stages.

i'm not planning on selling it at any time no matter what - this is my toy :)

the motor is getting fully overhauled by me - i got some of the parts i need but i can get discount on the bits i need :)

unlike the last wagon i had there is no way that this one'll cost £20k (might be 20k in petrol :)) --- my turbo 2000 wagon did but i did that over a long time saved up for the parts that i wanted then went and got them but i went for specific things with that such as the brakes and suspension systems - the interior of the wrx wagon was where most of the cash got swallowed up but this isn't getting a proper interior :)

one other point i don't just throw money at anything - i throw it at the stuff i need not stuff i don't like furry dice lol :)

like you this isn't my first project either :)

the advice that i'm getting with this project is coming from the motorsport companies cos it's those people that helped most with my last wagon --- they are also able to supply and fit various parts.

like everyone else i could've just picked up a catalogue and ordered everything at that price - by dealing with the people that supply and fit them i get better deals on parts :)

11. snowball scoob

hi mickp :)

don't worry i'll try and work out how to put some pics up soon so you can see what it is that i'm doing.

12. snowball scoob

by approx. 6pm tomorrow she should be stripped and been relieved of her power plant --- i got a message telling me that the extra parts i needed for scoob's rebuild were at home so am gunna have fun cos av got a day off on thursady to make some serious inroads :)

looking forward to getting the tools out and doing some :)

13. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

An interesting project to get stuck into, Might be worth putting a project thread up to follow the progress on...Oh and we like pics...Lots of em :)

Gaz.

14. AD

AD New Member

Welcome

Just read all the thread! Took me ages on the iPhone

I think your MAD! But as you say why not, each to there own and all that. I bet when the scoob is finished people will be gob smacked. At least your doing something you like and sounds like your not bothered what people say, you have a vision and if it makes you happy regardless of how much or little it costs do it, your here for a good time not a long time.

Your thought process is different to most but you have my vote and I am looking forward to seeing the end result.

Adam

15. snowball scoob

i'll be putting some pics up as and when i get home from this job tomorrow :)
    i work away for upto 3 weeks at a time so everytime i get a chance to go home i nearly always end up getting my tools out lol :)

everyone thinks i'm nuts -
    that i've paid too much for this scoob -
    that it's gunna take forever -
    that i'm gunna spend far too much on a scoob that isnt worth much in resale value terms etc..........

i said that it doesnt matter what it is or what it costs it's the end result that matters to me - if i get what i'm after out of a project then that's me and i'm happy :)
    costs don't really bother me too much if i get the right products to do the job :)
    timescales - how long is a piece of string :)

AD :) talk about dedication thanks for reading it all - i know i can crack on a bit but i tried to fill in some background and answer the questions that are put to me :)
    As for me being nuts --- unfortunately for you i'm the one that's sane cos i got a certificate from the secure psych unit in chester that says i'm not nuts lol :)
    Hoping that i'll be able to park this one outside my house and for my neighbours to admire it like they did my wrx turbo wagon :)
    Thinking that they'll like the black with silver fleck or candy purple and silver fleck (not totally decided yet) paintjob and rims --- i'm going to use paintworx for my paintjob cos i saw another scoob with a candy red paintjob and that's where he got his done looked real good :)

I'm gunna slam this one and squeeze a bit more out of the motor and gear it down slightly :) traffic light racing here we come :)

As for money i was always told when doing a project to give 110% cos i might never get the opportunity to do it again - i'm lucky this is my 4th scooby and 5 projects in total if you include the motor outta my other halfs evo 4 (i got bored took it out, stripped it and rebuilt it for summat to do lol :) )

16. snowball scoob

New genny and wheels fitted - not even gunna bother cleaning the old ones up, no real point to it.

This sport wagon must have been stored in a barn somewhere cos it looks as though no one ever gave a damn about it. no one gave a damn about any of it really - just so long as it worked they didn't care :shock: am really glad that the bodywork is really straight gunna amke body work easy :)

Bodyshop guys were impressed when they saw it considering that it's never seen a paintbrush since the day it got sprayed first time so it's looking good :) my bank balance is taking a seriolus battering the quote for the paint work was £21/2k plus - ouch :(

Changed the plugs and the ones i took out looked as though they'd never seen daylight in a long, long time :(
    all the oils are clean and fluid levels were low but no scum in any of them so that was a bonus :)

Gunna delve into the gearbox but not expecting any joyous moments with that either - thinking that the spockets as well the clutch need swapping out - clutch feels a bit too light for me, like it's got no feel - there's plenty of fluid in the system which was good so am gunna swap that out.

Diffs both need checking don't think that they've ever been looked at there's nothing in any of the history to suggest that it's ever been done :(

Must admit that i'm getting really depressed but then again my projects are always depressing and almost always appear to be lost causes lol :)

gotta remember to find someone that does cat 1 alarms and immobilisers cos these are just doing my nut :(

how much was i planning on spending ? right now £20k seems like a drop in the ocean........................ :(

17. snowball scoob

things to sort out and do :-

immediately

engine - put it back together - find some better alloy cleaner that'll actually remove the layers oxidisation send it off to get checked over before reinstalling :)
    suspension to swap out and fit strut brace
    brakes to service fully then swap out later
    rims and boots -
    fit the cat 1 exhaust section - might get cat 2 and cat back yet :)

for later

roll cage
    paintjob

junk the old rims and boots unless someone wants them later in the year - the laquer has blistered badly and is starting to peel off in places, they're straight and just a bit tatty.........

18. snowball scoob

i know that you all wanted to see some piccies of this project wagon so now there are now piccies available for you all to view as you wish in the gallery so you can see what am starting off with :)

just wait till you see the engine bay pics --- talk about starting off with a manky, totally hanging lump :roll: :roll:

19. snowball scoob

"scoob" is off to dave roundells in warrington for another couple of weeks whilst i go and do this next job with colas rail :)

it'll be interesting to see what they make of that engine bay - don't think it's ever seen what fairy liquid let alone what any other product looks like :(

gunna jet wash it before it goes in part of me thinks that cos the rest of it is absolutely A1 then the crap inside the engine has just served to protect everything so am hoping that the paintwork will be the same standard as that on the floorpan inside :) should be many happy days :)

new genny - £215 new hoping i can find a breaker on my travels
    new flywheel and pulleys
    new fan belt - definitely needs a new one
    new timing belt
    new cam belt --- don't think that it's ever been done either
    iridium plugs --- for me these are a must have
    pipercross viper induction kit to go in
    cat 1 exhaust to go in
    cat 2 to sort out

and that should be about it - for now - for the engine bay.

had a look at the suspension last night - it's definitely original and what's more is it feels better than new - it's not seized up or anything - i just can't believe that i've been this lucky :) considering that until i got back from the last job i hadn't even seen any pics of "scoob" just what people said - i never kicked a tyre or gave her the once over etc............ just sort of went with it lol :)

don't buy a car of any description like this please - i got lucky :)

20. snowball scoob

engine bay pic is up for all to have a look at :)

yay more pics :)