Has anyone ever used that Clay Bar stuff? WOW!

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by Godzilla, May 16, 2006.

1. Godzilla

Godzilla New Member

I had a go using Meguiars Quik Clay the other day after recommendation from a mate.

All I can say is WOW! Well impressed.

For those whove not heard of it basically its the missing link between washing and polishing.

You wash the car and leather off as normal, then spray this detailing liquid onto one panel and you get a solid block of white clay which you rub over the wet surface like you are polishing with it. At first you feel a bit of resistance but gradually it gets smoother and smoother. It pulls all the crap out of the paint and the clay ends up dirty and you have to keep kneeding it so you get back to a clean surface.

Then you dry the panel with a terry towel and the polish and buff as normal.

The finish is absolutely like glass. Its awesome.

Well worth £12 from Halfords.

The car is finally being advertised for sale this week so I thought Id give it a good going over.

The results speak for themselves:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its probably one of the best cleaning products Ive used, so thought Id give it a mention.

2. Its a well known method & it looks like you got great results[8D].

For anyone else interested in clays etc -
    Tim from "Clean your car" will soon be a LADS sponsor offfering discounted products such as clay, polish, wax, detailing spray etc etc etc.
    Hell also be online to answer questions & offer advise.

Chris

3. KEV C

KEV C Lifetime and founder member

Nice job Rich......see you copped a deaf one when i asked you to do mine[;)][:D]

4. Rich,
    For even better results, you could also get a layer of Wax on after the Polish.

5. Parky

Parky New Member

great finish isn it...[:D]

Been using it for a year now...my car looks as good as it did when it rolled off the production line..Superb stuff..

6. chrishall9909

chrishall9909 New Member

Im gonna give it a go...

[;)]

7. Godzilla

Godzilla New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by KEV C</i>
    <br />Nice job Rich......see you copped a deaf one when i asked you to do mine[;)][:D]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Did somebody say something?

LOL.

Still got the Golf to do with it, youll have to get in the queue![:D]

8. KEV C

Quote: "Still got the Golf to do with it, youll have to get in the queue"

Good with Rust then too is it[?] LOL[:D][:D][:D]

9. Godzilla

Godzilla New Member

RATFLMAO[:D]

When are you bringing your car round for me to Nitromo.....er...polish it then?[;)]

10. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Godzilla</i>
    Still got the Golf to do with it, youll have to get in the queue![:D]

Did someone mention queue - Ill start a list then [:D]
    1. <s>BMW</s>Done
    2. Golf
    3. Chris Scoob
    4. Chris Honda
    5. Chris Shed (when it arrives)

11. Godzilla

Godzilla New Member

LOL

Oh no, what have I done?![:D]

12. gerry

gerry Active Member

1. BMWDone
    2. Golf
    3. Chris Scoob
    4. Chris Honda
    5. Chris Shed (when it arrives)
    6. gerrys scoob

13. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

how come its going so soon rich you only had it 6mth///////////// let me guess its not a scooby[:D][:D]

14. Godzilla

Godzilla New Member

The mrs is pregnant and weve had to buy a house together so unfortunately my little toy has to go and I have to get all sensible.

Not not a Scooby, although Ive been rattling round in a 2.0 Auto Sport Wagon for a few days (my dads workhorse)for the house move.

Ive already got the replacement....very cheap, quite quick and handles almost as well as my Scoob. Got big plans for it as soon as I get back on my feet, like 300bhp(which I can do for about 2-3 grand) 975kgs 2wd[:D][;)]

15. Nissan 200 ?

16. KEV C

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Scooby Towers</i>
    <br />Nissan 200 ?

Hes already told you in a previous post what hes got Chris[:p]

Give you a clue & colour... <font color="red"><font size="6">GOLF!</font id="size6"></font id="red">

[:0][:D][:D]

17. LOL - thought that was his run around after you mentioned the rust etc.[:I]

What you want is a H reg Honda Civic with 50K on the clock, battered front door, peeling laquer. no straight panels & a imaculate interior.
    I know I do [;)]

18. Godzilla

Godzilla New Member

No, the Golf is my new daily bus.

1990 GTi 16v with gasflowed head, 4 branch, Supersprint system, K&N, uprated cams etc. currently around the 150-160bhp mark but plans are afoot to drop compression from 10.5:1 to a more respectable 9:1 and fit a turbo. 1 bar should give 280-300. Standard bottom end can easily cope but will probably need a G60 Gearbox (about £400)

Heres a couple of pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. KEV C

That drives starting to look like a scrap yard[:D][:D][:D][;)]

20. You could always put another engine in the gap on the right of the existing one [:p][:D]