Exhaust - opinions

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by chriscooby, Jun 27, 2012.

1. chriscooby

chriscooby Member

Hi All

I changed my backbox recently to a magenx oval.

I like the look and, it sounds good but my old scoob ran a Nur Spec so I am missing the db a little.

Have seen this on PH:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4003946.htm

It looks a little scratched but overall looks OK. Anyone know anything about powerflow and if it is a decent option?

I am not looking to return to Nur spec level noise either but was hoping for a happy medium. Would this be super loud?

Cheers

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Power flow are not the Best made Exhausts in the world by a long way, I have a Afterburner Vortex on mine and it sounds mental :D

With your engine being a 2.5 it loses some of the Burble anyway but the Vortex does sound good on one!

Michael

3. chriscooby

chriscooby Member

Cheers Michael

Had thought about the Vortex but was a bit worried it might be too loud.

For some reason I thought you had a Ninja 2 on yours.....?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have the Ninja 2 For sale if you want it £70. I've gone back to the Vortex as it the Ninja wasn't loud enough for me :lol:

Michael

5. chriscooby

chriscooby Member

Very tempted Michael but just worried I'll end up changing one quiet one for another.

Let me have a listen around on youtube and I'll let you know; or I might get you to put your ear to mine at the next meet as you'll know how it compares.

Cheers

6. scrappydoo

scrappydoo New Member

vortex would be perfect on your, and looks the dogs danglys, especially if you get angled exit :wink:

7. Jayy

Jayy Member

Would this fit a WRX hatch? Is this just the backbox?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It should do. is it a classic or new age?

Michael

9. chriscooby

chriscooby Member

I agree it would sound good but changed my last one because it was an angled exit - just can't warm to it.

Looks like Jayy might be moving a bit quicker than me though so possibly back to the drawing board!

10. scrappydoo

scrappydoo New Member

you can get un angled and they are on offer now at scoobyworld £50 off

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/pr ... ucts_id=76

11. Jayy

Jayy Member

Well, you have first dips mate anyway. I am still looking at other bits as well as looking to try and get my standard wrx hatchback to 300+ bhp.

12. chriscooby

chriscooby Member

Jayy; I certainly wouldn't want to get in your way, nor deprive Michael of a sale.

I'm also doing a bit of looking; wondering if a decat centre section might be a better option but, then the expense begins - remap, license fees........

I do like the vortex a lot but £209 vs £70; I am sure I can find another couple of mods with the £139 difference; or give it all to Michael when I eventually get my detail booked in!!