2014 Grizedale Stages Rally - November 22nd

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by FroSTI, Oct 21, 2014.

1. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

The 2014 Grizedale Stages Rally takes place this year on Saturday 22nd of November. The rally takes place a little earlier than usual and unfortunately this means it follows the weekend immediately after WRGB.
    The event will comprise of three stages, each run twice. Owing to the success of last year's format, the format will be mainly repeated although the route is different. This means a relatively leisurely start with the first car leaving Coniston at around 10am for the first stage, which will be run twice in quick succession, before heading for the main Grizedale complex.
    As such, marshal sign-on should be around 9.30 am and the day should be finished by 4.30.

Normally I would co-ordinate a list of people who wish to marshal on the event. Due to recent health issues I can't be certain that I will be going myself.
    If anyone does want to go to marshal on the event, make a list and if someone is prepared to co-ordinate the group then I'll pass on the relevant contact details via PM etc. :wink:

2. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

3. andystan0_1

andystan0_1 Member

rally

That's a strange word to use kev we don't do bumps lol

4. danthewrxman

danthewrxman Member

Ill be there Kev,
    In my usual spot on the Scissors in grizedale
    nice signing on time for once !
    Then to move on to the RAC commanders meeting on the sunday followed by 4 days of setting up and running stages next weekend in Kielder.
    Closely followed by starting to recruit for 2015 Northwest stages

5. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

You're going to be well busy there Dan! Good luck with all those events.

I'll be posting our list up soon for the LFNWS, I should be fit enough by then
    How's the Back?

6. danthewrxman

danthewrxman Member

Hi Kev
    The backs on the mend, had to admit defeat and have steel rods and screws fitted in August. It's not right yet and the recon 12 - 18 months for it to be right
    Many thanks for your help and flexibility in swapping your team onto the prom on this years event, Ken and myself really appreciated it.
    Next years event is raising funds for my nominated charity of Derian House children's hospice.