RB5 Info required

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by andy-52, Mar 9, 2018.

1. andy-52

andy-52 Member

Hi All. Im looking into purchasing an RB5 and I could do with some pointers on what to look out for, and how to tell if it.s a genuine car not a copy. Any advice much appreciated.

2. T1RONE

T1RONE Active Member

The RB5 are generally regarded as a well built reliable car and I'm a fan of them. If I were looking for one I'd get the car fully inspected in the usual rust points (rear arches and above windscreen) whilst that's being done usual checks for previous accident damage. If all is good after these inspections, move onto service history and see how it drives, finally do a hpi check this will give you vital information including vin numbers etc which you can then match to the car, IF something is untoward this information will flag it up then just walk away, these cars are nearly 20 years old now so I'd expect to see age related marks if I weren't paying "top dollar"

andy-52 likes this.
  3. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Good choice Andy, agree with Ryan above, I doubt there will be many copies to be honest, they were all steel blue in colour
    it should have an RB5 numbered plaque in the centre consul behind the gear lever of which 444 were produced, 170 of them having the WR Sport package fitted.
    Nice link here pal
    http://www.appreciating-classics.com/car/subaru-impreza-rb5-wr-sport/

andy-52 and T1RONE like this.
  4. andy-52

andy-52 Member

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated!