Garage staff wanted NOW CLOSED

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by andy@scoobyspares, Aug 29, 2008.

1. andy@scoobyspares

andy@scoobyspares New Member

Due to massive workloads we have reached the point where we need a new member of staff, to keep us on track,

Im looking for somebody special who can deal with customers and answer the constant phone calls if needed,,

ideally a certified mot tester but we would put the right candidate through training for when MOT station is in place ,

We are not looking for an apprentice but somebody who has been in industry for a few years,

we are on average dealing with approx 30-40 different subarus on a weekly basis all with similar faults,

some tasks would involve, mail order enquiries/ sales, general servicing, mot repairs, part ordering, tyre fitting and balancing, vehicle inspections and reports, recovery truck driving,

we will offer excellent pay (with bonus,s) for the right candidate,

Andy = Scoobyteknix

2. scoo8y

scoo8y Member

I wish I live nearer Andy, I'd be begging for you to take me on, unfortunately looking for employment :cry:
    Good luck with filling the position.

3. wn8-scooby

wn8-scooby New Member

wer abouts is the garage and wat sort of pay ???

4. ste mako

ste mako New Member

he is located in fleetwood m8 :wink: 8)

5. Davo

Davo New Member

I'll take it :shock: I'll be up tomorrow with some funds :wink:

6. Neil

Neil Active Member

Re: Garage staff wanted

Good luck. ;)

7. Herry Monster

Herry Monster New Member

You need an online shop, you'd make so much more money.

I've setup a few for friends and local business's.

If your interested I could hook you up. I don't charge.

Sample: http://www.silentpoweruk.com

I also setup the shop for wizard performance when shaun owned it, but he sold that business to be buddyclub's head mechanic for their time attack car. Wizard's closed down now though, went bust, new owner did't have a clue about running it! :roll:

As for the job description, sounds like your looking for an office admin who does grease monkey work, I dont think they exist! You'd be better of splitting up the office side to the garage side rather than mix it, but hey, what the hell do I know. LOL. :lol:

8. meanandgreen

meanandgreen New Member

shame your too far away. :cry:

9. mr roo

mr roo New Member

As for the job description, sounds like your looking for an office admin who does grease monkey work, I dont think they exist! You'd be better of splitting up the office side to the garage side rather than mix it, but hey, what the hell do I know. LOL. :lol:[/quote]

:shock: :shock: :D :D I have managed to do both for the past 12 years, and i must admit it gets a bit hectic when your half way putting tension on a timing belt and a customer phones to book in for a mot or someone mithering trying to sell us a vending machine !! :evil: :evil: thats what apprentices are for lol !!
    when my gaffer goes away on holiday, i automatically step into his shoes, and sort out all parts ordering, invoicing and customer liason. trying to do both does take its toll and carry out Q.C in mot bay !!! omg no wonder i always feel tired :shock: :shock:

10. JET

JET New Member

what, you get apprentices to sell your vending machines :eek:

11. mr roo

mr roo New Member

:shock: :lol: :lol: nah, the cocky little s***s make the brews, and even then they think they have done a hards day graft !!
    they aint mechanics anymore, they are fitters

12. JET

JET New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

13. andy@scoobyspares

Well, thanks everybody for your interest, i still need to respond to a number of people who have put their name forward, but have today started a new mechanic,

Matthew comes to us with nearly ten years of Main dealer experience / qualifications, dealing on the customer service side and workshop side, and is a true petrolhead, first impressions are good, keen and eager to learn, he is passing on his experience with a few items which have opened my eyes in respect to garage management etc, which will lead to a more efficient service to you the customer,

hopefully things will stay the same,

thanks again, Andy

14. Scooby Stevo

Scooby Stevo Well-Known Member

hope your staff last longer than your cars andy :lol:

15. Davo

Davo New Member

"which will lead to a more efficient service to you the customer" :shock: :shock: Is this possible, It took Scooby Teknix 3 days from my initial first phone call begging for help when the crank spun a bearing (let go if you like) "3 days I repeat" to return my scoobster back to full health, I say begging for help because 3 months previous and 3 months down the line I was still being messed about by .... 2 syllables begins with P and ends in T :shock: :shock:

Keep up the good work Andy, Bri and the rest of the Scooby Teknix team :wink:

16. andy@scoobyspares

:lol:

17. andy@scoobyspares

Thanks Dave,, despite me not responding to calls, emails, texts quickly enough, i do try my best to keep all happy unfortunately by us getting busier on a daily basis sometimes things get a little crazy as most of you will know, hopefully Matt should help me get myself back on track giving an all round better service,

18. Davo

Davo New Member

Always a pleasure doing business with you :wink:

Going watching Desperate House Wives now :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

19. ste mako

ste mako New Member

i totally agree with dave andy you and your staff are second to none 8)

20. andy@scoobyspares

cheers steve,,,,,, engine running ok???