Z4 or Mines u8 and why??

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by dean, Dec 9, 2007.

1. dean

dean New Member

Hi Lads,

Bought a Mines u8 a while ago and only just got round to fitting it, i own a 1995 WRX saloon with the following mods, HKS mushroom filter, decat wide inlet and 3" through exhaust, top mount intercooler from bug eye, high pressure fuel pump, PFR7YB plugs, standard turbo for year?

Question is this... i originally had a Z4 and loved the aggressive boost but thought the u8 would be even more aggressive, but its not. does it need mapping or am i barking up the wrong tree. should i swap back to the Z4 any ideas LADS

2. scalesy

scalesy New Member

Hi Dean that U8 used to be mine :wink: I think your z4 may be chipped if it is more aggressive than the mines it boosted @ 1.1-1.2 bar in my old uk wagon with tdo5 a z4 should be boosting @0.9 bar. I decided to take it off my car because I thought is seemed a bit to aggressive my air fuel ratio gage seemed a bit to lean to me! :shock: so I would only use with v-power and octane booster to be safe :D(knock link would be a good idea) I was going to keep it for track days but Chris would not stop pestering me to sell it to him :lol: Then he sold it to you!

3. dean

dean New Member

needs a bit more testing, me thinks, i prefer the Z4 i... see how it goes :lol:

4. scalesy

scalesy New Member

I love me z4 too Dean runing @ 1 bar with the aid of a bleed valve :D

5. dean

dean New Member

think the u8 will be back on the market :lol: did you go to the meet, couldnt make it, watched the Hatton fight, still over the limit until this morning :oops:

6. scalesy

scalesy New Member

No m8 was fitting a rear strut brace :x and wiring up some ice and sorting some squeaks and rattles now sorted :D Also got me de-cat fitted at Scoobytechnix on sat. Straight throw from the turbo to the back box :twisted: sounds sweet m8