XXXs Engine Rebuild

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Triple X, Nov 28, 2004.

1. at last [:D][:)]

2. Andy.McCord

Andy.McCord New Member

3. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

Cheers for pointing that out Andy, awaiting an email. [;)]

4. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

<b><font size="3">The bloody bits are on their way from the US of A!!</font id="size3"></b>

Phew.... [8D]

5. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

HORRRRAAAAAYYYYYYY [:D]

6. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

INDEED, might be back on the road for new year! [:(!]

7. Andy.McCord

Andy.McCord New Member

good stuff John. which new year are we talking about then? [:D]

8. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

LOL, hopefully i will beat the 1st anniversary of engine failure.

9. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

10. Very wrong [:D]

11. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Im with you John [:D]

12. Gary

Gary Active Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ELV1S</i>
    <br />Im with you John [:D]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Im worried [:0]

13. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

LOL! [:D]

14. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

BLING BLING [:D]

15. Scoobydobydoo

Scoobydobydoo Lifetime and founder member

Nice one john[;)]

16. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ELV1S</i>
    <br />BLING BLING [:D]

It does seem a shame to have to use these bits (yeah right!) in places where they cant be seen.

(<i>Thinking cap on!)</i>

Just bought a semi-closed deck block from an STi 7 so the new build will be in a stronger block whilst the old block i can rebuild with the bits that can be reused and kept as a spare or sell on should anyone suffer the same fate.

<i>(Thinking cap off! Time to get leathered whilst watching England pummel N.Ireland)</i>

Cheers Martin, any update on the car change?

17. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Triple X</i>
    <br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ELV1S</i>
    <br />BLING BLING [:D]

It does seem a shame to have to use these bits (yeah right!) in places where they cant be seen.

(<i>Thinking cap on!)</i>

Just bought a semi-closed deck block from an STi 7 so the new build will be in a stronger block whilst the old block i can rebuild with the bits that can be reused and kept as a spare or sell on should anyone suffer the same fate.

<i>(Thinking cap off! Time to get leathered whilst watching England pummel N.Ireland)</i>

Cheers Martin, any update on the car change?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Ill be right there with you John, in spirit any way. [:D]

Off to my local to watch th e match [:D]

18. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

Well after a long wait for parts and machining the rebuild is well under way.

After getting all the rotating parts balanced and weight matched we (me and my old man) set about putting the block together [:D]:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/T ... G_0440.jpg

The STi 7 block i bought from a guy on 22B came up really well with the help of a couple of hours in the degreaser and a good going over with petrol and the airline.

With the block together with new bearings, seals, STi 9 crank and the uprated rods i set about weight matching the pistons to within 0.1g, quite daunting taking a file to the pistons! [:0]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/T ... tmatch.jpg

Once matched i installed the rings and fitted them to block:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/T ... G_0446.jpg

The whole thing rotates well, looking good. [:)]

Aside from the rebuild i have taken the plunge and got myself a turbo from Rich Wild (Godzilla), <b>TD05/06 20G</b> which he advertised on SN which he is now getting some stick for, sorry and more so a big thanks Rich! [;)][8D]

Anyone see a difference? [:p]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/T ... 50620g.jpg

Next thing is to get the rest of the bits ive ordered from the dealers, o rings, cam belt tensioner etc and get the rest of the block built up. Pics to follow.

19. KARL STI

KARL STI New Member

Very nice mate.[;)][:D]

20. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Can wait till shes back on the road mate for you [:D]