XXXs Engine Rebuild

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Triple X, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

2. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

OK, someone has to ask, whos are all the trophies and what are they for?

Handy looking pully lurking in the roof [:D]

Andrew...

3. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

Hi Andrew, how you doing mate?

The trophies belong to my two older brothers for grass track racing, like speedway on grass without the opposite lock! It was a big part of our lives, every weekend travelling around the country.
    As you can see they were quite successful and my oldest bro (the one you met on that tragic night!) actually won the british championships.
    He then did speedway for a while racing for Belle Vue and Bradford.

The pully in the roof hasnt been used for its intended purpose yet, thats soon to change! Should have the engine out in no time.[:)]

Have you had anymore thoughts on your future build?

4. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Triple X</i>
    <br />Let the bleeding knuckles commence!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Gum shields are advisable ![;)][:p][:D]

5. Cord

Cord New Member

Is that grass tracking on 2 or 4 wheels?

You decided what you plan on doing to yours yet? Or are you waitng until youve seen inside it?

Cord

6. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

Chris, good point, i dont want to end up looking like the guy out of the Pogues!

Cord, long time no speak! The plan is to strip the block and see whats happened and then decide on which route to take. Hows yours going? All bedded in nicely?

7. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

Oh yeah and it was on 2 wheels.

8. Cord

Cord New Member

Yep mines all up and doing, still got some more boost to come yet, but am happy as it is for now at about 440bhp. Towers came up for a gander the other day.

9. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

Glad to hear it, no doubt i will be picking your brains over the course of the build. Like the mod you did to the big end bearings for 1.

Anyhow must go for now, working on the motor today!

10. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cord</i>
    <br />Towers came up for a gander the other day.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

and I can report its looking good [8D]

Thanks for the advise Cord - much appreciated[:)]

John - Its only £40 in dentist fees if you can get a gum shield[;)][:D]

11. scoobbillydoo

scoobbillydoo Active Member

nice 1 john [:)]
    good luck mate and keep us up to date[;)]

12. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

Cheers Bill, will do.

Engine nearly ready for lifting out now, just a couple more pipes to remove and then bell housing bolts and engine mount bolts can come out prior to hoisting the engine.[:)]

Most awkward thing so far has been removing air con compressor without disconnecting pipes (so i wont need to re-gas). Theres always 1 bolt thats in the most difficult of places to get a spanner!! [:(!] Got there eventually.[8D]

to be continued.....

13. Scoobydobydoo

Scoobydobydoo Lifetime and founder member

Nice one John & hope your back on the road soon!!

14. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

Me too!!!!!

15. scoobyste

scoobyste Member

Hope to see you back on the road soon, any idea how long[?]

16. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

Not really ste, depends what i find when its in bits as to what i need and what path to go down which will then decide the time scale.

Not too fussed at the moment with the weather the way it is so as long as its done in time for next years brighter months i will be happy, but it should be before then!

You enjoying yours or is that a silly question?![;)]

17. scoobyste

scoobyste Member

Oh yes Great fun[:D] alot better than my 100bhp saxo

18. Scoobydobydoo

Scoobydobydoo Lifetime and founder member

Yeh, he can keep up with us now[:D][:D]

19. scoobbillydoo

scoobbillydoo Active Member

martin [:p]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">he can keep up with us now<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"> whos us? [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][8D][:p][^]

[B)]

20. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by scoobbillydoo</i>
    <br />martin [:p]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">he can keep up with us now<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"> whos us? [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][8D][:p][^]

[B)]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

LOL, you cheeky barstewerd Bill! [8D]