XR2

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Scooby Stevo, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Scooby Stevo

Scooby Stevo Well-Known Member

hey all,

my xr2 does nothing when i turn the key, lights come on, think its the starter motor stuck, i'm no mechanic - does anyone know from this??

been told to stick it in reverse and push it backwards which should free it.

started fine yesterday?? gonna ring AA tomorrow if it dosen't work so no big deal.

Cheers for any help.
    Stevo

2. edmy716

edmy716 Member

Does sound like starter motor, give the starter motor a little tap with a hammer or bar , may free it up. It could however b a bad connection etc

Ant

3. finley44

finley44 Active Member

pm markscooby he will sort it in 5mins :wink:

4. Scooby Stevo

cheers lads

5. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

what year xr2 is it as mk1 and early mr2 xr2's ad a loop wire on top bulk head on drivers side that did burn out its a thick grey one . if it turns out to be the starter motor use a mk5/6 xr3i one they alot better and smaller than old cvh ones that are do suffer from the heat from down pipe ... ps just try bump starting the car and test the battey to .. or make sure the the crank wire not just come off starter it will be a thick black or black with a red stripe down it

6. Scooby Stevo

wire to starter motor came off - circular clip came loose - doh!

the nice AA man sorted it within 3 seconds - sorted :lol: :lol:

commented on how nice it was and was his easiest job today. :D

Thanks for the replys - much appreciated.

Stevo

7. TonyGTB

TonyGTB Member

On the subject heres a pic of my turbo technics XR2. Got rid of it a couple of years back. It worried a few cossies back in the day 8)

[​IMG]