Xbox install help required

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Willo, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Willo

Willo New Member

Okay got the screen and all the leads, just a power inverter needed now. But I'm not sure what Power to get. I think the Xbox is 1.2A and 220V making it draw around 270W can anyone let me know if this is right. If so will a 300W power output be okay.

BTW the screen is an 8.5" portable DVD player with optional battery so this draws very little power :wink: - basically just power to recharge the battery

Any help or advice on the install would be much appreciated.

Karl

2. mufcdamo

mufcdamo New Member

think i used a 500w one when i had the xbox in

thinks its still in the shed will double check for ya

3. Willo

Willo New Member

Nice one. Cheers mate :D

4. scoobyphil2000

scoobyphil2000 No there not new wheels

hi karl as damo has said a 500w will be better , I got mine from maplins

5. Willo

Willo New Member

Cheers Phil. Thought you two guys might be of help :D :wink:

6. Willo

Willo New Member

Thanks for your help Guys. Phil, went to Maplin and they were doing a special half price offer on 600W inverters so I picked one up for £35.00. Thanks for the tip :wink:

It's done and I'm well chuffed with the result. As you can see from the big cheesy grin in this picture:-

[​IMG]

I installed the DVD player/ screen in the glove compartment. (when I say installed I mean "put" ;D) - This has it's own battery but can also be plugged into cigaret lighter socket or mains for charging ;)

[​IMG]

I decided to intall the 600W inverter under the passenger seat out of sight of prying eyes fixed securely by velcro. The actual Xbox is in the boot facing toward the back seats. This means it can then be accessed through the armrest ;):-

[​IMG]

The DVDs have their own speakers which are actually fairly louid but they also have an infer red function for wireless headphones (which I haven't got) and an FM transmitter so I can tune the car's radio in and get stereo sound through the scoobs sound system 8)

What do ya think? :)

7. mufcdamo

mufcdamo New Member

looking good karl glad we could help m8