WRX Estates

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by thenewgalaxy, Feb 17, 2013.

1. thenewgalaxy

thenewgalaxy Member

Hi everyone :)

I'm a long time owner of various STi models over the years but aside knowing the engine and drivetrain I can't say I'm too familiar with the WRX chassis. I ran a GB270 for a couple of weeks back in 2008 and flirted with the idea of getting it, but plumped for a Spec D instead.

I drove a bugeye estate the other day and it has got me thinking that I could do with an estate car of some description, possibly as an entertaining daily driver and general load-lugger. I already have an STi that has much love lavished on it and for this reason I would not be interested in modifying it or making it into an RS4 eater etc :p

What should I look for? Are there major chassis revisions mid-model life as with the Blobeye STi and the widetrack?

I would have thought the "best" one in stock format is probably the GB270 estate but I would rather go for something that carries less of a premium but maybe with options e.g. a PPP kit if it was appropriately priced. Ideally I'm after something registered before the banded CO2 tax but I was wondering if there is much of a difference between models? Is there anything that is held in especially high regard over the other models?

Best wishes to all I hope to meet you all soon at a meet I can get to.

Richard :)

2. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

See for sale section. :wink:
    Welcome to come and have a look .

3. thenewgalaxy

thenewgalaxy Member

Well, I am looking at a late Blobeye 2.0 or an early Hawk 2.5 at the moment. Has anyone got any advice? Is there any reason why I should go for one over the other?

Second, who are people insured with on these cars? I have a second policy with three years no claims and I am being quoted nearly double what I am paying for my Cosworth by Admiral... like nearly half the value of the cars I'm looking at :shock:

4. scc28

scc28 Member

get a forester xt?

cheaper to buy and insure!

5. superstar

superstar New Member

It's not an estate, it's a Wagon.

6. dave-w-

dave-w- Well-Known Member

i was with a-plan last year ask to speak to dan
    this year i am with keith micheals speak to gary moulson (scooby owner and user moleywrx on scoobynet)
    :wink: