Winter tyres

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Watky, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Watky

Watky New Member

Has anybody got any experience and can recormend any makes of winter tyres? Looking into getting them fitted to the work car after last years conditions!!

Mark.[/u]

2. Graphite

Graphite 23rd June 2016 - Vote LEAVE EU!

3. dogma1

dogma1 New Member

hav you thought of snow socks!!! good if we don't get snow....

4. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

got mine fitted by rossendale vulcanising, there remolds but really good £50 a tyre 16"

5. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Mark, your leaving it a bit late for getting decent snow tyres now. Only made for UK typically once a year from what I've been told. Have you tried Camskill or ask Steve at Wheelrite? :wink:

I use General Grabber AT's btw. :lol:

6. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

[​IMG]

winter tyres

7. Toffee

Toffee New Member

could not fault the Ultrac Sessantas that where on my car before the Pirellis, pretty damn cheap and where great in the winter conditions.

8. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Nice ones jake! :D

9. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

Hope so. They seem like a good tread and feel quite soft n grippy. Looking forward to trying them, going to get some for the mrs too

10. Graphite

11. Graphite

Interesting video here...

http://youtu.be/GlYEMH10Z4s

12. Torque

Torque Active Member

Recently picked up 4 x Avon ice touring STs, 16" from Oponeo at £88 each. They have gone up since though but the company was superb to deal with, ordered Fri aft and arrived Mon morn

13. Tony Burns

Tony Burns New Member

I picked up 4 Pirelli Sottozero W240 serie2 for £145 each, these should last me a few years, got these from goodgrip.co.uk, delivery was free and no hassle getting them (they came from sweden), not many left in 225/45/17 V but they had quite a few on 215/45/17 for the new age wrx drivers :)

Tony :)