Whos best to check CEL on new age JDM STI.

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by STIbug, Apr 1, 2004.

1. STIbug

STIbug New Member

Hello all,
    Im a Scooby newbie having bought a JDM Bugeye STI a couple of months ago, I noticed a flicker on the CEL the other day at around 6.5k revs. Where is the best place to get the error code(s) checked out preferably in South West Lancs (Southport, Preston, Wigan areas)? Anybody used the new Subaru dealer in Preston yet (Riding & Co)? Any estimates on how much the diagnostic is likely to cost?
    Also any recommendations to fix slight dent scratch on front wheel arch and curbing on an alloy?
    Lots of questions and little input but Im afraid that’s the way it is here in newbie land.
    Thanks,
    Paul.

2. Paul,
    Hello & welcome[:)]
    Don think Riding & co will touch a JDM - try A J Whites in Blackburn 01254 260921.
    as for the dint - theres a dint removal expert coming to the meeting in Haslinden this Sunday - turn up for a free consultation.

3. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

Failing that Prosport in Stockport should be able to diagnose the CEL for you.

Andrew...

4. STIbug

STIbug New Member

Thanks for the replys, tried A J Whites they where very friendly but closed for two weeks over Easter and I did not want to wait that long, so I booked in for diag check on the CEL at Jap Innovations on Thursday. I also hope to make it accross to the meet and see the Dentman [:(] so see you there, anybody driving over from Preston end of M65 to keep me from reading directions and driving?

Paul.

5. rusty

rusty New Member

Hi Paul and welcome from a fellow JDM Bugeye owner [:D][:D]

Unfortunately, Ive only got the 250PS WRX and not an STi [:(]
    Cheers, Jon