Which car??

Discussion in 'Other Performance Marques' started by scooby251, May 5, 2011.

1. JET

JET New Member

Yes mate, had a 55 plate Golf 4 motion diesel for 3 years, fantastic, fun and practical motor with great fuel consumption 8)

2. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

I have a golf GT TDI PD 130, remapped by the previous owner....

Mine is 2 door but 4 doors are more common, and there are more on the market at present...

Good cars, with 50 plus miles to the gallon, good low down torque and put in 6th and its just wants to go.

Mine has just pulled 160K, and has a considerable amount of money spent on the front end running gear, and will be due a clutch soon. I have had a few niggles, injector loom, both drive shafts due to failed cv's, bottom bushes, steering arms all due to running bigger wheels. It has looked better and I am gonna need a pair of new doors soon due to a bad touch up/repair previous to my ownership....

Minters are available around the 100K miles mark, for around £4K.... Sounds a lot but u get what u pay for..... parts not expensive, and uprated parts are direct bolt ons from the AUDI TT (running gear). They are well remappable, and affordable upgrade, turbos, intercoolers etc, and significantly lower prices than subaru parts....

Mine does 30K plus miles a year, and miles just disapear, easy to drive and comfortable.... Would deffinatly recommend it.

3. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

paul i know where there is a low milage 07plate for sale in black :wink:

4. scooby251

scooby251 Well-Known Member

I will give you a ring tomorrow bri :wink:

5. nevo

nevo New Member

Mine just coming up on 95k just had clutch and injectors done ane now runs like new.
    The rattle u talk about is from the Dual mass flywheel clutch. they are nown for them and not cheap to buy . paid 500 new and fitted it with the help from my old man. had injectors done for £90 each,

Like i said not cheap.

Also had a Golf GTTDI 04 reg , great car also/ but can have same problems.

All performance oil burners can suffer