wheels and tyres

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Obey 1, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

ok got my turbo waggon now, its got a set of 17s on they ok but my sport i had before had a set of 18s prodrives ppfs gunmetal, the tyres that are on them are 225x40 18 so wanting to put on my turbo, gona try and fit on , on sat i know the turbo are lower so will there be problems dont really want to splash out on tyres, :cry: so if not fit any suggestions :wink: :D also think they are 8j ?

2. dogma1

dogma1 New Member

my 94uk wagon sat on 18s had no problems....
    ? exact size. but think it run's better on 17s that i have now....

3. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

tyres

ok thanks ,dont really want to get rid but if so be it then will have to sell :cry:

4. dogma1

dogma1 New Member

just had a look, i was running 215/35/18 and their close to the strut....

5. scoobyphil2000

scoobyphil2000 No there not new wheels

mines on 18s and rides just fine :wink:

6. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

tyres

ok thanks for the info, gona give them ago sat fingers crossed :D

7. wigan mart

wigan mart New Member

ive just put 18's with 215/35/18 tyres on mine and its lowered, no probs at all. u will prob be ok with 225/40/18's if u dont lower it but u mite get the odd scrape with 5 people in :)

8. scalesy

scalesy New Member

Hi Dave I was running set of sti 8 rims when i got them with 225/45/17 they would not fit the classis ie rub rear struts so went down to 215/45/17s and was a bit better. they are also an 8j alloy. Classic's seem to like a 7.5j alloys. scoobaru mad (Chris) is running 215/40/18s on his standard wrx wagon struts and they rub with just one person in the back :shock: . So I would say go with the same as Martin and go with 215/35/18s and you should be fine and will look the dogs :wink:

9. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

wheels

ok thanks lads, looks like gona keep them then, maybe more money on tyres lol :roll:

10. Tomskc

Tomskc New Member

I'm running 215/35/18 and no probs :wink: