What's this pipe for??

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by ianglanister, May 28, 2013.

  1. ianglanister

    ianglanister New Member

    Recently for a 99 T reg Scooby turbo 2000

    It has a baileys dump valve fitted but there is a pipe next to it which has black tape covering the end and a jubilee clip around that

    Here is a pic -



    Anyone got any ideas what I can do with this?
    Many Thanks
  2. Gaz2293

    Gaz2293 New Member

    It's the recirc pipe for the OEM valve.
  3. ianglanister

    ianglanister New Member

    Is there anything I can do to get rid of it?

  4. klunker

    klunker New Member

    You need a blanking plug and a short length of silicone hosing and two hose clips.

    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Auto-Performan ... 7675.l2563

    They have what you need.
    Or maybe someone will have a plug lying about.

    Where the other end of the taped pipe connects, that's where you put the silicon hose withthe plug fitted in it. 8)
  5. Jwrx

    Jwrx Active Member

    Could just follow it back, cut it shorter and stick that bung back in!

Share This Page