Wales Rally GB 2014

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by thatscoobyrocks, Jul 9, 2014.

1. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

WRC Update

Dear all,

I have loaded everyone on I can on RST. There seems to be an issue that those who have registered themselves cannot remove themselves so I can add to the main group. So you should get email confirming allocations soon.

I have the full list and we have 17 for Friday and 19 for Sat/Sun a big crew despite FROST1 being out of action temporarily and Simmy who is now in New Zealand who are regulars.

Friday's instage is a series of hairpins we have to cover (non speccy) so that should be great.

On Saturday LAC have just enough to do ATC/Start so my plan is that a few of us will assist and I'm trying to get the subsequent instage sectors so the group can be in the same area and we switch around if we want as we did with last years FF/Stop.

I'll sort the RST issues with the Chief Staffing Officers help. Dennis and crew are staying at the seaside again and we have a few newbies and 2 cadet marshals this year which is great.

At this stage please check you have a valid Marshal licence.

Andy

2. thatscoobyrocks

WRC Timing Event

I'm going to this tomorrow and have a spare seat if anyone fancies a day out.

The training is using real rally cars with the WRC timing gear and mini stage set up rather than classroom 8)

WRGB 2014 - Timing Marshals

Shrewsbury Showground – 4th October

• 9:00am arrival, 16:30 Finish
    • Location - Shropshire County Showground (The West Midland Showground), Shrewsbury
    • When you arrive make your way to the Presidents Pavilion
    http://www.shropshirecountyshow.com/visitor/index.shtml

3. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

Sorry Andy, never saw your post :-(

4. thatscoobyrocks

WRGB

Everyone now uploaded to Rally Stage Team :D

Friday 17 peeps, Saturday 19 peeps and Sunday 19 ipeeps including 2 cadets. Great turn out chaps and lady.

5. Tarzan !!

Tarzan !! Well-Known Member

As usual thanks for organising all this Andy

6. thatscoobyrocks

Travel Arrangements

Everyone,

to make sure I have enough passes as these will be posted in the next 2 weeks can you please let me know who you are travelling with please.

I'll start from what I know.

Andy/Ashley Coverdale /Carl Saint
    Tony Riley
    Mark Percival / Michael Booth
    Stephen/Brent McCrudden
    Ian/Adam Carrie
    Dennis Walton /Paul Murgatroyd
    Andy Staton / John McNicholas
    Hinton/Fiona Chetwood
    Jim Smalley/ Geoff Callaghan?
    Ben Addison

10 car passes

Please let me know if this is different.

Andy

7. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

As far as I know I will be solo. Not sure of what Geoff is up to regarding travel/transport.

8. atcgedlad

atcgedlad New Member

Yea im solo unless we share driving duties whilst down there . Im happy to go with flow

9. thatscoobyrocks

UPdate

Update

I've been asked for the numbers of car park passes by email by RST.

Jim/Geoff it would make sense to share costs but I'll get a couple of extra's anyway.

The Stage Commander has asked who wants to go in stage on Saturday to J2 and J3 or do start so I will split the group according to car groupings and who I know prefers in stage. As they are subsequent junctions in breaks we can swop positions if people want so everyone sees a different part of the stage.

On Sunday I need to plan the FF/Stop and Control Area. So again if the cars are at Stop we can move around or send some upstage before FF as last year.

Can you all please make the effort to attend the next LADS meeting on 9th November please so I can give out passes/maps etc. for 11.00 am.

Ill post a final itinerary for the trip journey no later than next week.

Thanks.

Andy

10. thatscoobyrocks

WRGB Update

Update for LADS,

Just over a week away and a few reminders.

All car passes, maps, WRGB stickers (vinyl not paper we're assured) and free meal vouchers for the Deeside Service Park arrived this morning.

Please note I will print off everyones Sign On cards and get a pack ready for you all with all the trip information. For those coming to the LADS meeting on 9th November I'll give you your packs then. 8)

Reminder anyone who is attending please check they have and bring a valid in date MSA Rally Marshal Registration Card please.

Meeting point Thursday 13th November is 1pm at Burger King opposite The Poachers, Bamber Bridge. We will call in at the Deeside Service Park on the way down to the bunkhouse.

For those not coming to the meeting point please travel straight to the bunkhouse http://severnbunkhouse.co.uk/bunkhouse.htm for a 7pm rendevous. Postcode is SY21 8RT. Accommodation is £12 per night per person and don’t forget your sleeping bag!

As usual final briefings for the 3 days that night and have a beer, takeaway and banter.

• Friday we are posted at J3 instage at Maesnant SS4/8
      Saturday we are posted at Start, J2 instage and J3 instage at Aberhirnant SS11/16
      Sunday we are posted at Alwen Flying Finish and Stop SS19/22.
    Bring enough food and drink, cooking gear for the stages and your wet weather gear and your best jokes and stories.

Any questions pm me or ring me on 07742 601576.

Andy

11. thatscoobyrocks

WRGB 2014

See you all tomorrow or Friday night.

The forests await us and the WRC cars can go without the all the marshals. I still get excited even after all these years of attending.

160 cars on the event something for everyone I hope. I'm cheering for Elfyn Evans and Chris Meeke our British hopes.

Andy

Don't forget your pillow! :D

12. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Re: WRGB 2014

Good luck to all the LADS going to WRGB; have fun and keep safe
    I'm missing it already