V7 Sti engine conversion into 2001 Bugeye Wrx, wont start. !

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by OR8BIGSTU, Oct 1, 2006.

1. jim litten

jim litten New Member

yes it is a JDM car, why change the loom which is time consuming, if you get the pinout diagrams it'll be a lot cheaper and quicker than trying to make a loom for it.

2. Graphite

Graphite 23rd June 2016 - Vote LEAVE EU!

Try it in pirate speak - might encourage some responses :lol:

Just found a nifty little translator here http://www.talklikeapirateday.com/translate/ :lol: 8)

3. mufcdamo

mufcdamo New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: like the translator

4. paul 15

paul 15 New Member

The ecu is fitted with a immobiliser that is programed to the chip in your key

5. OR8BIGSTU

OR8BIGSTU New Member

Has any one the pinouts for this Jdm ecu and the pinouts for my original ECU, So Ican make proper adjusments to my loom?

Thanks

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

subaru

so u have used your old loom on car try checkin round on multi plugs makin sure a pin not got bent over or a pin not makin right contact it may be worth a try

7. OR8BIGSTU

OR8BIGSTU New Member

Theres no point in that I dont think.

If the sti ecu will not start the 2001 bugeye. There must be other issues..

Has anyone the ECU diagrams?

Sombody must have them?

8. kcc76

kcc76 New Member

9. OR8BIGSTU

OR8BIGSTU New Member

Thanks!!!!!!

Anyone any ideas where to get pin out ecu diagram for the STI V7 Type RA engine? Import ??

Anyone??

Thanks.

10. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

Hadn't seen this until now.

I think your problem is the immobilser, if the ECU doesn't generate a signal to enable the immobiliser then the car won't start, I've never swapped a JDM to UK ecu but I don't believe there are any wiring changes it's just an ECU code difference. If you swap UK ECU to UK ECU then you need to set the ECU up for the keys on that car. It should be possible to eliminate the immobiliser and use the JDM ECU but I don't think you want to do this as the std STi7 ECU will run way too much timing for the 2.5.

The UK ECU can be remapped but it won't be able to drive the AVCS cams, although you may be able to use a UK STi8 ROM base file which does have AVCS control.

Given your location I would contact ScoobyClinic in Chesterfield, I am sure someone there will be able to answer your questions categorically.

Andrew...

11. OR8BIGSTU

OR8BIGSTU New Member

AndrewC

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D