Trackday??

Discussion in 'Social & Family Events' started by Jay_bee, Dec 19, 2004.

1. rusty

rusty New Member

This is a trackday thread for discussing trackdays....Jeff is more than welcome to start a new thread specifically for what sounds like an excellent day.

£160 for pro tuition specifically for the LADS club is a cracking price and I would consider it with a bit more track time under my belt. <edit to add> and if it was on a saturday [:)]

Good work Jeff for organising it.

2. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

Jon,

I think youll find that I started this thread because I am interested in doing a trackday, and after a couple of conversations with Steve and Simon, who, like me also want to do a trackday, it was suggested that I get the ball rolling which is what Ive done. As I mentioned today at the meet, this trackday is for everyone, it doesnt matter how good you rate yourself, at the end of the day, you drive within your abilities and as long as you are safe, there is no problem, remember, it isnt a race... IE you drive at you own pace...

If you want to organise an airfield day at Elvington, great I may well come along to that as well

Cheers

Jeff[:)]

3. rusty

rusty New Member

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the meet so Im unaware of what was discussed there.

For the same reasons, I don have time to organise a trackday [:(]

Can I ask why its taking place on Thursday Jeff?

4. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

Erm.. its on a Thursday cos thats when Track Sport say it is[?]

I would have thought that nearly 2 months would be sufficient notice for people to book a day off work?

My understanding is that as the racing season picks up pace, weekends are usually booked for proper motorsport events and if they arent, there is usually a premium added to the price. It was purely a case of seeing what days and what circuits were available. Also, the closer we get to summer the price starts rising quite drastically. And seeing as Simon was one of the people that is quite keen to do this day and his car will be off the road until April, I thought it would be nice to wait until his car was back on the road. The reason Croft was highlighted was due to the fact that it is quite a good circuit for beginners due to the good run-offs and the fact that there isnt that much to hit should anyone get it wrong plus I believe it is quite an open circuit in that there arent any blind corners etc?

HTH

Jeff [:)]

5. rusty

rusty New Member

6. rusty

rusty New Member

7. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rusty</i>
    <br />Hope this link is of use:

http://www.mivec.co.uk/evo/pictures/200 ... /index.htm

Nice circuit map, good write up and cracking photos of a wet Croft in June 2004 [:)]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Looks mint!!! [:D]

8. jim litten

jim litten New Member

Its also one of the quickest circuits in the UK, only being topped by Thruxton for out right pace, what slows the aggregate lap times at Croft is the complex as you come round the back of the pits and then a hairpin left to head for the start/finish line.

9. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jim litten</i>
    <br />Its also one of the quickest circuits in the UK, only being topped by Thruxton for out right pace, what slows the aggregate lap times at Croft is the complex as you come round the back of the pits and then a hairpin left to head for the start/finish line.

Im getting excited already!!!

Cant wait!!

Jeff [:)]

10. jim litten

jim litten New Member

Anna had better watch out then [:D][;)]

11. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jim litten</i>
    <br />Anna had better watch out then [:D][;)]

PMSL [:D][:D][:p]

Shes sat next to me

12. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Righto...

Can all the people that have their names on the list confirm that they are definitely wanting to come.

We are booking the 28th of April at Croft.
    The cost is £160 for the day and this is non-refundable, if we get ten or more, there will be 10% discount. I have to get this confirmed ASAP as space is running out FAST!

There are three instructors there... one is a touring car driver, another is a 24hr le man driver and the other is a Tuscan Challange driver, instruction is free. They also put on free tea and coffee, there is an on site mechanic, helmets can be rented for a £10 deposit, and there will also be someone there that, should you require it, will sit in with you and video a lap or two.. im not sure what this guy charges but Ill find out a bit nearer the time. If you want insurance, its up to you to sort it out.

The fee will need to paid fairly promtly, so if you can all start thinking about getting your funds together as I will not be paying up front for anyone, again, its up to you to sort it out with the company direct.

I will post up more details once I have them.

Thanks

Jeff

Jay_bee CONFIRMED
    FQ300 CONFIRMED
    TunnelMeister CONFIRMED

13. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

Thanks to everyone thats emailed, sorry you wont be able to make it, just waiting for the final two confirmations....

Jay_bee CONFIRMED
    FQ300 CONFIRMED
    TunnelMeister CONFIRMED
    Dreamweaver
    Scoobbillydoo

14. Dream Weaver

Dream Weaver Member

Hmm, slight issue for my attendance now. [:(]

Due to engineering firms faffing about with prices for crank regrinds etc (i.e. cant find anyone to do the work), the 205 wont be ready for April, and im selling the 405 next month so there is the possibility that if I put myself down as a possible, I wont actually have a car in April to run with.

However, I can sell the place on (if thats allowed) so put me down [:)]

Will just jog round the track with my skid lid on if I dont have a car by then [:D]

15. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

PMSL @ Simon

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Will just jog round the track with my skid lid on if I dont have a car by then [:D]

Now thats commitment!!!

Jay_bee CONFIRMED
    FQ300 CONFIRMED
    TunnelMeister CONFIRMED
    Dreamweaver CONFIRMED [:D]
    Scoobbillydoo

16. Dream Weaver

Dream Weaver Member

Mate of mines just bought a new WRX Wagon, and I think hes interested as well - will email him.

17. jim litten

jim litten New Member

If you need any none members to make up the numbers nearer the cut off point I may be interested.

18. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

I thought you were thinking of putting an appearance in!

[;)]

19. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

Simon?

Jay_bee CONFIRMED
    FQ300 CONFIRMED
    TunnelMeister CONFIRMED
    Dreamweaver CONFIRMED
    Dreamweavers mate?

20. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

Righty, heres the latest...

Ive just spoken to Graham @ Tracksport, told him the numbers, basically, the easiest way to book your place will be here....

http://www.tracksport.co.uk/html/croft_circuit_-_thursday_28th_.html

If youd prefer to book over the phone, call 01270 666500, weekdays before 2pm.

<b>Once you have booked your place, can you please post on here to let me know.</b>

Graham has recommended booking your place, <b>at the latest</b> by the end of March. If you leave it any later theres a very good chance youll have missed out as they will be fully booked. On the day we are going, the other main group that will be there is the Lotus Exige club, so the likehood is, the the instructers will be available to us throughout the day, as Ive been informed that the Exige club probably wont want instructors [:D]

Theres plenty of info on the web site http://www.tracksport.co.uk http://www.croftcircuit.co.uk/ and we have two club meets in between then should anyone have any questions.

Cheers

Jeff