Trackday??

Discussion in 'Social & Family Events' started by Jay_bee, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

<b><font color="blue">Datails of Trackday at Croft:</font id="blue"></b>
    http://www.tracksport.co.uk/index.html[:D]

Simon, you gonna have a chat with that mate of yours from TrackAction?

Im up for helping <b>co-organise </b>[;)] a trackday

Could anyone else thats interested in a trackday please add your name to the list

So far:

Jay_bee
    Dreamweaver
    Tunnelmeister
    666WRX
    Scoobbillydoo
    DPS - to take the pics (nice one Dickon [8D])
    Gazzasti9
    EvoDan (not registered on here and he doesnt know yet but he will be coming [:D])
    K5KOB
    Gaz_98_UKTurbo

2. gaz999r

gaz999r New Member

Count me in!!!

Gaz

3. jim litten

jim litten New Member

You may have a problem with Trackaction, people to speak to are Tracksport.

4. scoobyste

scoobyste Member

Any idea how much it would cost, where and when?

5. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

Cheers Jim

Ste, at the moment, it just about getting numbers then working out when and where is best and that will dictate cost.

To give you a rough idea, you can get the circuit that 5th Gear use on Anglesea for around the £90 mark, whereas somewhere like Oulton will be more expensive. The nearer we get to summer, the more expensive they become. TBH, Ive not done one of these before so Im only going off what Ive been told in passing chit chat.

Hopefully Simon will come up with some more detailed info, in the meantime, have a look here for some info....

http://www.bookatrack.com/-pb?43

6. Abbylad

Abbylad New Member

7. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Abbylad</i>
    <br />anyone tempted?

http://www.cumbrianscoobs.co.uk/bbs/top ... IC_ID=1224
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Tempted but I think Id rather wait and see what happens here first [:)] as I doubt Ill be able to afford 2 so close to each other as Im hoping we get this one sorted for Feb/Mar/April time.

Jeff [:)]

8. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Elvington is a good starter circuit with safe run-off areas. (though a little featureless[;)])

I think some discussion a Track Day Insurance may also be appropriate?

Who has used who and for how much?[;)] I last used Eggar Lawson, about £120 iirc.

9. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

Personally, Id rather do Anglesea (not too many corners to learn), Croft (apparently quite flat so not too hard to see where you
    e going) or Oulton (just cos its one of the best circuits[:D])

Regarding insurance, this is taken off the BaT FAQ section...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Insurance

Is insurance mandatory?
    No, we do not require that our customers are insured as unlike on the road it is not illegal to run without insurance. Often track day regulars do not insure their cars. However, for those looking for total peace of mind you would do wise to look into track insurance to cover any mishaps on track.

Will my road insurance policy cover me on track days?
    No, not necessarily, but it is definitely worth checking with your insurance company. Some car insurance companies will add track day cover to your policy for a small premium.

Where can I get track day insurance and how does it work?
    We recommend contacting Chris Yemm at Competition Car Insurance (Egger Lawson) who offer track day insurance for all UK and European BaT events. Their number is 01159 415 255.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

10. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

For reasons apprent to some, Ill be taking out insurance[;)]

11. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TunnelMeister</i>
    <br />For reasons apprent to some, Ill be taking out insurance[;)]

Me too [:D]

Right, well, Ive spoken to Tesco (who Im with) and they dont do trackday add-ons. So, I have just got off the phone to Egger Lawson, and to do one of the circuits I have just mentioned with a value on my car at £17k, it will work out at £152 for the day (with a £1700 excess - which is better than writting off yer car [;)])

To clarify insurance a little, if someone crashes into you, you dont/cant claim off their insurance you will have to claim off yours (if you decide to get it) or hope they are decent folk that will cough up (or be prepared to die if they wont [:D])

Just to point out tho, there will be more chance of coming off and bumping a tyre wall (or such like) rather than someone else stacking into you!

12. Dream Weaver

Dream Weaver Member

I wont need insurance (touch wood), but will need to wait until the Pug is finished, so probably April time.

If its stil not finished by then ill take the 405 instead. [:)]

Will look into it in some detail after Xmas. Croft is a good circuit to begin on as its flat with big run-offs, but still challenging and fun.

13. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dream Weaver</i>
    <br />I wont need insurance (touch wood), but will need to wait until the Pug is finished, so probably April time.

If its stil not finished by then ill take the 405 instead. [:)]

Will look into it in some detail after Xmas. Croft is a good circuit to begin on as its flat with big run-offs, but still challenging and fun.

Alright Simon.

Hope you realise what youve done!!!! [}:)][;)]

(Im even considering this... http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=386189 [:D])

Croft is looking promising then [;)]

14. Dream Weaver

Dream Weaver Member

Buy it, thats nice and cheap and will be good fun. [:)] Its Xmas, treat yourself [;)]

15. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dream Weaver</i>
    <br />Buy it, thats nice and cheap and will be good fun. [:)] Its Xmas, treat yourself [;)]

Thats what I said about the Type R [:D]

16. jim litten

jim litten New Member

With regards to insurance, if you get run into by a third party it is all knock for knock, plus the small print of insurance with egger lawson is that it will cover the shell/suspension as standard, but unless specifically requested does not cover impact damage for engine/transmission and they don cover the engine if you blow it! Excess is a £1000 and you have to have all forms supplied by EL filled in and signed by track officals on the day of said off!

Doom and Gloom over.

Jeff, Anglesea may seem easier due to few bends, but it is very demanding due to the fact it is so up and down, with large curbs. To be honest you can beat Oulton, its nearer and the faclities are excellent, plus Anglesea is having a lot of work done on it at the moment to improve track (longer) and facilities

Jim

17. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jim litten</i>
    <br />With regards to insurance, if you get run into by a third party it is all knock for knock, plus the small print of insurance with egger lawson is that it will cover the shell/suspension as standard, but unless specifically requested does not cover impact damage for engine/transmission and they don cover the engine if you blow it! Excess is a £1000 and you have to have all forms supplied by EL filled in and signed by track officals on the day of said off!

Doom and Gloom over.

Jeff, Anglesea may seem easier due to few bends, but it is very demanding due to the fact it is so up and down, with large curbs. To be honest you can beat Oulton, its nearer and the faclities are excellent, plus Anglesea is having a lot of work done on it at the moment to improve track (longer) and facilities

Jim

They told me £1700 excess due to the value of the car? Oh well, Ill speak to you properly some time over christmas.. in fact, are you about tomorrow, Im having the suspension swapped over tomorrow at Westgate...

As far as tracks are concerned, my top choice would be Oulton or Croft.

18. jim litten

jim litten New Member

Yep Im around tomorrow.

Thatll be right, £100 per £1000 of value.

19. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jim litten</i>
    <br />Yep Im around tomorrow.

Thatll be right, £100 per £1000 of value.

Ill pop over when Ive picked my car up after the suspension swap if thats ok? (pop the kettle on [;)])

20. jim litten

jim litten New Member

Give us a bell first.