This Forum

Discussion in 'Help, Support, Bug reports & Problems' started by Topbuzzuk300, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Topbuzzuk300

Topbuzzuk300 New Member

Im on a few phpBB servers but this one seems to be the slowest and has the most critical errors out of them all, why is that? or is it just me? its been like this for ages?

Its got to the point that i cant be bothered loggin on much anymore.

2. Torque

Torque Active Member

It has been bad recently however it's not normally as bad as this.

One of the admin will see your post soon and get back to you with an answer I'm sure. For the meantime I just put it down to the fact that the place is so busy :D

3. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

It is being looked into guys and we are onto Simon about it.

But I must admit, it's doing my tree in as well :evil: :(

4. Gary

Gary Active Member

It keeps cra

5. Gary

Gary Active Member

shing on me a

6. Gary

Gary Active Member

s well :evil: :wink:

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

its defo getting worse :evil:

8. mufcdamo

mufcdamo New Member

could it be down to the number of guests logging on can you reduce allowed amount :?:

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

critical error again

10. GazandKatie

GazandKatie New Member

I know that you are looking at this guys but it seems to be "Critical Error" nearly every night for me. Come on Gary and Dave pull your fingers out :twisted: :lol: :wink:

11. kidda

kidda New Member

each error i get is the SQL server going down, looks like the mySQL backend cant take the pace.

Get it away from your current host, over priced and under powered or take a look at http://kb.mediatemple.net/article.php?id=711 to increase maximum connections to stop this happening. Default is 50 so when you get a high load the server will start to struggle

12. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

13. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Loads of critical errors for me tonight :cry: :cry:

14. Dream Weaver

Dream Weaver Member

I'll ask the hosts to look into it, although I haven't had any issues yet so not sure what the problem is.

Kidda - I would think the crashes are down to the (free) forum software. Myself (and most of the Subaru community) have used the hosts for 6 years plus and don't have any problems with other sites.

I have sites using MySQL db's that receive 10 times the traffic that LADS does and they have no issues at all.

15. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

12 attempts to get on the site tonight before i got connected :(

"Critical Error"

16. Mr.H

Mr.H New Member

I would of said you all have cheap and nasty pc's which is why YOU have this problem...

However, I won't bother... Because I can't get on the site and post! :lol:

17. Dream Weaver

Dream Weaver Member

Can someone post the exact error message they are receiving when the forum doesn't work?

Just been on to the "overpriced and slow hosts" (;)) regarding Kidda's connection point. Connections are set at 2000, so that means in any given 0.1 second period we can have 2000 people all posting a reply at the same time without affecting performance - this would equate to millions of unique visits per night (as not all users do things at the same time) so the hosting isn't the issue in this case from what I can see.

I need some error codes though as the forum works fine for me.

18. ADY WRX

ADY WRX New Member

here is the exact error message

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

hope this helps sort it out :)

19. Gary

Gary Active Member

here's what mne says as well

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

20. Gary