The wheels fit yay

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by Riggers, May 27, 2017.

1. Riggers

Riggers Member

so they fit. Well they didn't but with some persuasion involving a grinder and a file they doooo. Bad photos but no sunshine. Best I could do.

Attached Files:

ELV1S, HAGGY, ZANNY and 1 other person like this.
  2. ZANNY

ZANNY JDM WIDETRACK SPEC Z

Don't like the sound of a grinder and a file lol! but cars looking monstrous :cool:

HAGGY and Riggers like this.
  3. Riggers

Riggers Member

Thanks. It definitely looks chunky now

4. ZANNY

ZANNY JDM WIDETRACK SPEC Z

You keeping your old ones for winter?

5. Riggers

Riggers Member

Yep I think so mate. Or buy an old banger for the winter months if iv got the cash.

6. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Looks great Mick :cool:

7. Riggers

Riggers Member

Thanks I'm well chuffed with it. An you got my name right

HAGGY likes this.
  8. Riggers

Riggers Member

That's abit better

Attached Files:

Obey 1 likes this.
  9. Rob Gandy

Rob Gandy New Member

Nice wheels which really soots your car - out of interest what offset and width are they and how much use of the grinder and file was needed :)

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  10. Riggers

Riggers Member

Thanks. There a 9.5 38 offset the brake caliper got in the way so I shaved it down a few mm. God there tight litterly a couple of mm from. The strut and just miss the arch. But I was having those wheels I'd set my Hart on them. But 8.5 35/ 36 fit it's all depends on the spoke design if that miss the caliper. If that helps

Rob Gandy likes this.
  11. Rob Gandy

Rob Gandy New Member

I fancied 18 x 8.5 Grids on my Forester but everyone seems to think they will rub the arch.

12. Riggers

Riggers Member

The 8.5 don't have the concave or dish like mine. Hence I went 9,5 . I also got told mine would rub. I had a good play with the tape measure and hay presto.. But there will be some hints an tips on YouTube. Might show you the size you want or at least show you how to measure properly. That's what I did. Just didn't take the caliper into account

13. Rob Gandy

Rob Gandy New Member

They look great - will have to do a bit more research on the Subaru Forester Forum

14. Riggers

Riggers Member

If you can find a American website that sells proformance parts for your exact car model. They Nealy all have a live chat button iv done it with all my parts. There so helpful. They would tell you exactly. What will fit The site I use only have 2014 onwards Forester if that's any use