The 2012 LADS Anniversary Run Out - This Sunday 18th Nov

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by Scooby Towers, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Welcolme to the LADS 9th Anniversary run out.

The new date for the event will be Sunday 18th November.

Please note this is a long run that takes approx 6 hours and is carried out on tight twisty roads, including a run over the Buttertubs pass, so please bear this in mind when thinking of bringing family/guests/picking your co driver.

The start point is the Clitheroe McDonalds which is just off the A59. Please aim to arrive between 9am - 9.30am.

You'll need a full tank of fuel and a co driver to read the directions and caution notes, and he/she will need a pen/pencil to strike through the notes (the route will only be handed out on the day).

As per the norm there will be a lead car setting off in front of the runners in order to check for "obstacles" and "interested parties with photographic equipment" on route :wink:

I’ll try to group the cars in pace order, but if there’s anyone who wants to run at "normal" speeds please let me know (PM if you wish) as you maybe ideal for the lead car role.

If we don’t gain a volunteer for the lead role we’ll resort to picking straws at each stop point.

As with previous years we will be stopping halfway round for a bite to eat, but the pub has recently changed hands so there will be a short delay until I post the menu choices.

If you interested in taking part please add your name below, and I'll sort out your menu choices closer to the date.

If you have any questions just drop me a PM.

Chris

2. As we've had soo many date changes I've deleted all previous posts and PM'd all people on the list in order for them to re-register.

The new date has been confirmed with the pub we stop at for lunch and a menu is on its way tomorrow (I'll post it up asap).

I'm really sorry if the new date doen't fit with anyones plans but after changing two previous dates I'm sticking to the 18th Nov unless someone else wants to organise the run :lol:

Chris

3. 1. Scooby Towers / Co Driver seat available

4. dave-w-

dave-w- Well-Known Member

1. Scooby Towers / Co Driver seat available
    2. dave-w- co driver tba

5. dougie94wrx

dougie94wrx Member

2. dave-w- co driver tba
    3. Dougie94wrx and Steve.

6. Simmy

Simmy Member

Sorry guys, I'm still on holiday so I'll have to bow out... :cry: :cry: :cry:

7. "Mr.T"

"Mr.T" New Member

2. dave-w- co driver tba
    4. Mr.T with Co Driver

8. dougie94wrx

dougie94wrx Member

I'm really looking forward to this event. I always say its the best event in the lads calendar. I've got the little beast taxed and fully ready for the day :twisted:

Dougie

9. Where is everyone :?: :shock:
    With only 4 cars its hardly worth running !

Could the runners & co drivers have a look at the menu on the website link below and send me /post up their choices.

I need to submit meal choices by Monday 12th Nov (evening) in order to be able to choose from the eving menu, otherwise the kitchens will only offer the normal Sunday fare (Panini etc)

http://www.nateby-inn.co.uk/Menu.htm

Thanks
    Chris

10. dougie94wrx

dougie94wrx Member

My thoughts exactly, 10 people plus would rather stand around at a rolling road day the week before and talk about cars and power rather than actually getting out in the open road and feeling it.

I say it every year, this I the best lads event bar none! Excellent roads and a good laugh.

Ps. No offence to the rolling road guys , as most of you know I've done my fair share. But you know the results aren't gona put a smile on your face like blasting through the countryside!!!

Dougie

11. Simmy

Simmy Member

:lol: :lol: I wanna do both, yet I'm being dragged to Mexico... :roll:

12. Blingscooby

Blingscooby Active Member

I may bring the Cupra for a run but will see how the clutch is after the rollers tomorrow

13. dougie94wrx

dougie94wrx Member

That's the spirit :twisted: :D

Good luck

Dougie

14. Scottydog

Scottydog New Member

I am working nights so can't go; I know I'm missing a classic day out.

15. deansdad

deansdad Active Member

2. dave-w- co driver tba 
    4. Mr.T with Co Driver
    5. Deansdad / April

16. "Mr.T"

"Mr.T" New Member

2. dave-w- co driver tba
    4. Mr.T with Co Driver
    5. Deansdad / April
    6. Tony & Co Driver ( Non Subaru & Non member see Lee / Mr.T )

17. .....nobody fancy a go in the hot seat ? :lol:

18. AD

AD New Member

Maybe 8)

19. dave-w-

dave-w- Well-Known Member

are we gona open this up to scoobynet/cumbrian scoobs ?

20. dougie94wrx

dougie94wrx Member

I defo wouldn't put it on scoobynet, full of nobs in my opinion.

I think it usually gets opened up to non members on forum a few days before.

Dougie