Ten of the Best 2014 - Team CAMS

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by Tim, Apr 28, 2014.

1. tharrington

tharrington Active Member

Cheers

2. Shmerman

Shmerman Active Member

Anyone got their tickets in the post?

3. tharrington

I'm leaving Wigan at 8am so will see everyone there.

4. garyboxer

garyboxer Full member

Sorry people my alarm didn't go off!
    I will pass through Birch to see if anyone is there :oops:

5. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

TOTB

Good to see a lot of old friends today and some new ones.

Well done Team CAMS some brilliant results on the drag and handling circuit runs at TOTB.

So many excellent cars everywhere, GTR heaven but an AE86 tucked away on the car park too.

Andy Forrest 201 mph..incredible.

Pics as soon as I can post, Mariuz took thousands so there should be a good report ofthe event :D

6. mikey

mikey Member

great day at T,O,T,B,
    some very fast times by team cams ,it's good to see cars that you know being used to their limit and everyone enjoying the day
    its also great to see some of the cars you see in the magazines actually racing ,the speed of these cars has to be seen to be belived,
    all in all a fantastic day

7. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Looks like Dave was on form. Great times 8) 8)

8. tharrington

I completely concur with Mike's comments.

Believe it or not one of the cars of the day for me was a standard Golf GTI.

We watched 3 of his runs on the coned area & watched him post some really decent times & then drop into the 44 sec category which proved to be his quickest. We spoke to him later to congratulate him & he said he had never done a track day or anything like this before!

For me this is the spirit of TOTB where you can have a bog standard car with a £100K Time Attack behindyou awaiting it's turn.

Amazing & awesome!

What a great idea TEAM CAMS was! Well done Brian & Tim!

Stroll on 2015

9. tharrington

10. andyscoobym3csl

andyscoobym3csl New Member

Well done to Paul stott on his 170mph flyer over 1 kn
    And not forgetting his 10 sec quarter.
    In what is primarily a road car. Awesome

11. scooby251

scooby251 Well-Known Member

Cheers guys. I just had one go on the flyer. It definitely felt fast especially when the cross wind blew me across the track :shock:
    It was still pulling strong I am guessing it would go to what ever a uk 6 speed box will allow me. But I am not going to try it.
    :lol:
    Finally got my 10 :D :D

12. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

It was a great weekend, I did`nt do too bad i dont think, Came home happy and thats all that matters to me, Getting up for work was a bit of a task though :D

13. Shmerman

Shmerman Active Member

14. Shmerman

Shmerman Active Member

15. mariuszGTB

mariuszGTB Active Member

Re: TOTB

Great weekend even though I wasn't racing, maybe next year ??? Need to speak to Brian what I can do with my Legacy :wink: (I was just contemplaiting selling it but I think I won't now :lol: )

I've took plenty of pictures which I've started sorting and hopefully I will post some from Saturday tonight on FB. I will upload rest on Flicker and here but it will take a while. :)

If you waitnig for me to post first you don't have to as it will take me good few days to get through mine. :wink:

16. mariuszGTB

mariuszGTB Active Member

Still working on my pictures.... Will take bit longer than I thought. I've took too many of them I think :lol: :lol:

17. tharrington

Anyway who came out on top of Team Cams & took the team trophy?

18. mariuszGTB

mariuszGTB Active Member

19. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

Will have a look through the pics later on, Gotta love photos

Brian took top spot in the Sunday with Dave, Paul and me seperated by 0.25 respectively

[​IMG]

20. scooby251

scooby251 Well-Known Member