Team Voodoo Rallying

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by TeamVoodoo, Mar 31, 2014.

1. TeamVoodoo

TeamVoodoo New Member

Hi all

I thought that i would take the time to introduce myself as a new member of the LADS forum and let you know my plans for this year.

My name is James from Worsley, Manchester.

I've recently started competing in Stage Rallying having passed my rally license early last year. I started searching for a decent car, after owning a few different imprezas over the years it was always going to be a scooby. I spent ages looking at different one until i came across a nice spec Impreza GC8 Type RA Rally car which was not far off what i wanted. I put a deposit down straight away and took delivery a couple of weeks later. The shell has a few marks on it like you would expect but it drives fantasic.

I'm serving in the Army and I roped in the help of a few friends and called ourselves TEAM VOODOO

http://www.teamvoodoo.co.uk

Driver - Sgt James Hallam
    Co-Driver(s) - Keith Jones/Capt Chris Hallam
    Mechanic - Cpl Harry Black

I wanted to represent a charity whilst competing especially a service charity so I contacted the Royal British Legion and asked if they would like to have their logo on the side of the car. They have jumped at the chance, hopefully will have the livery sorted in the next couple of weeks.

The Army doesn't have its own Rally championship and after speaking to a couple of friends in the RAF was pointed in the direction of Spookworks, the Gravel factory and Force D and decided to register for the RAF Rally Championship 2014

We will be competing in the following Rally's this year

17th MAY 14 - Cetus stages - Three Sisters
    3rd AUG 14 - Jane Cowling Memorial Rally - Fulbeck Airfield
    12th OCT 14 - Adgespeed Stages - Three Sisters Racetrack
    6th-7th DEC 14 - Rockingham Stages - Rockingham Raceway

does anyone go to the events of three sisters?

We also have a facebook page and twitter and we welcome any support

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Te...64936530266387

twitter.com/VoodooRally1

I'll be attending the Festival of army motorsport on wednesday which will give me a chance to do some testing prior to competing at the cetus stages mid may.

[​IMG]

thanks for taking the time to read this

James

2. Braggy71

Braggy71 Well-Known Member

Good luck for this season, hope all goes well !

3. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Welcome to LADS James. Best of luck with this :D :D

4. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Hi james welcome to lads there are a few of us who marshall the events and cetus is goin to be my next event i think so will defo get over and see you

5. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

Welcome and Congrats on the scoob, good luck with the Rallying and as Mark says, there is a good marshalling following on here. I confess, my marshalling has dropped of recently, but I will get out there!! Will give you a wave on the stages, but I would rather you made the next turn than give us a wave back!!

6. TeamVoodoo

TeamVoodoo New Member

Haha I'll try mate!

Thanks all for the warm welcome it's much appreciated!

7. TeamVoodoo

TeamVoodoo New Member

Please do mate!

I'm down at the 3 sisters at the start of May doing a driving day that I got for my birthday last year so I'm gonna be doing a cheeky recce of the circuit while I'm driving round.

8. st3vo

st3vo New Member

Hi James, nice to meet you,welcome to lads and good luck in you're adventure :wink:

9. TeamVoodoo

TeamVoodoo New Member

Cheers mate

Also I'm fairly new to the Manchester area having moved here from Nottingham last year but I've been taking my car to Adge at Adgespeed in Irlam and he's been doing any work that's been needed, not sure if anyone else on here goes there but I can't recommend him highly enough - top bloke and a mega helpful!

http://www.adgespeed.co.uk

:wink:

10. Tim

Tim LADS Sponsor

Welcome to LADS, look forward to bumping into you out and about at events :)

Anything you need, please feel free to give us a shout

11. TeamVoodoo

TeamVoodoo New Member

Much appreciated cheers mate

12. Tarzan !!

Tarzan !! Well-Known Member

Welcome to LADS and great to have you on board. I am also one of the Orange crew who Marshall's when possible so see you at some of the local events :) . Good luck for the season

13. st3vo

st3vo New Member

just out of curiosity James is Captain Chris Hallam your brother, son, uncle, grandad or cousin

14. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Welcome to LADS James :)

15. TeamVoodoo

TeamVoodoo New Member

He's my brother mate

16. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum; we know Adge well, check out our sponsors section :wink:
    I'm also part of the growing LADS army of marshals so we'll look out for you at future events

17. st3vo

st3vo New Member

Frosti your not a part of it ! you're the main LADS marshal.
    are you by any chance arranging anything on team voodoo's debut on the 17th May? id be up for this if you are :?:

18. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Nice of you to say so Steve but its always a team effort :)

Personally I'm not organising anything for the 17th May as I am already marshalling at a race meeting at Oulton park on that date. However other LADS may be doing the event so keep an eye on the forum :wink:

19. tharrington

tharrington Active Member

A warm welcome to LADS buddy :lol: