Supercar driving experience

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by s800byn, Nov 10, 2013.

1. s800byn

s800byn Member

Got bought one of these off my girlfriend for my 40th birthday, her dad was 50 2 weeks ago and he got one to off his wife so off we all went down to Everyman in Loughborough.

I drove a Nissan GT-R and a DB9
    He drive a Ferrari 430 and an Ariel Atom.

Just sitting in the GT-R was unreal, as we set off and joined the track at the bottom of a long straight the instructor said "floor it!"
    I wasnt expecting the brutal onslaught of g-force that arrived, theres no lag (which i have plenty of in my car! lol). i even overtook a ferrari! The remaining 2 laps were just a blur. But i got out with a big smile thinking WOW!!

The Aston was amazing just to sit in pressing the start button hearing the V12 fire up giving it a little rev turned me into a small boy!!
    The acceleration on that was amazing (nowhere near the GT-R though).

At the end we all went for a ride in a Vauxhall VXR-8 driven by an ex touring car driver. Now that was an experience!!! Never done anything like this before so it was mind blowing. The cornering speeds were unreal!! The thing gripped like at was on rails and the smell of burnt rubber when we got out was unbelievable!!

Dunno what this all cost but it was worth every penny!! would definitely recommend!!

2. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Nice one pal. I did Aston, Ferrari and Lambo at Elvington earlier this year and enjoyed it, already put it on top of my list for Chrimbo this year and plan to do GT-R, Audi R8 and 911

The paddle gearchanges on that Aston = WOW!

My vids are on youtube, links on here

I did get an email off them for a good deal, to drive these at the Top Gear track :shock: 8) :shock: , but the dates for driving were this week, so too early for me

3. KEV C

KEV C Lifetime and founder member

I did mine there, drove a Gallardo and R8, Also fortunate that my gaffa owns a GTR, awesome machines in which your brain doesn't seem to be able to take in what the car is doing :?