subaru recall

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by markscooby, Feb 13, 2012.

1. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

has anybody else had a recall letter today on newage car off possible corrosion of the transverse links that forms part of the front suspension... got ours today on lesleys 02 plate bugeye gx ........

2. KEV C

KEV C Lifetime and founder member

Not yet m8, some of us are at work hahaha

3. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Where we gonna take 'em :shock: There's no flippin main dealers left :roll:

No, not got one yet, does it affect all Newage or just GX, or just Bugeyes?

4. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls ... nk&tx=VOSA ........................ kev u spend most of your time on your phone :lol: :lol: :lol: ................ so sounds a lot of cars from 2002 to 2007 ............. when ours goes in im going to request new bottom arms if the is any rust on them unless they going to xray the rust to see how far its gone though the metal

5. covak2002

covak2002 Active Member

will this count for imports aswell does anyone know ??

6. Sub BLT

Sub BLT New Member

What do we do contact a main dealer or what :shock:

7. covak2002

covak2002 Active Member

I rang the dealer on the a59 Saab/Subaru and they said noproblem car is needed for hour ish then if parts are needed they will order for me and book in

8. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Very similar thread running on Forester.org forum.

Mine falls into the dates affected but I haven't received anything regarding the recall yet; only advertising info. for the new XV :roll:

9. springer

springer New Member

My Dad got one for his Forester yesterday

10. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

recall

ive not received anything yet

11. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

Is this one of those situations, where if they dont write to you there is no problem - or is this every car?

Should I be calling into a dealer?

12. Braggy71

Braggy71 Well-Known Member

No I haven't had anything either ..... yet ??

13. Riley STI

Riley STI Active Member

The recall is the front bottom arms need to be check go corrosion inside the arm.
    If there no corrosion a wax oil is add.
    There a tool need to make mark for testing the arms
    In a world wide recall.
    Got the bullten email to me about it.
    Anymore. Info need just ask.

14. mrsm12stx

mrsm12stx New Member

Just thought I'd let you know. I called Bay Horse Garage to give them my chassis number with the idea of booking her in if necessary.

As of yesterday, they are in Administration. Can't do anything for us I'm afraid!!!!

15. covak2002

covak2002 Active Member

if you ring your dealer its best they will just book you in you need no letter just if your car falls into the dates on the recall :)

16. Riley STI

Riley STI Active Member

If anyone need any help found a dealer just give brian a call on 01706640111
    He will glad to help you out with any information he can.
    I'll be there too.

17. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Just got my recall letter yesterday

Now to find a dealership within 100 miles :shock:

18. mrsm12stx

mrsm12stx New Member

I called Monks in Macclesfield, they were very helpful. Mine isn't one of the ones to be recalled. thankfully. the guy in service did say that they were anticipating being very busy!!!

19. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

recall

ive spoken to brian today hes not happy how subaru are not backing the dealership in our area for the repairs hes asked me to email
    ahogg@imgroup.co.uk tell them the issue that your not very happy with the situation of not backing the so called local dealer which is subaru - suzuki in rochdale for the repairs and not prepared to travel no more distance than you the customer needs to do so please he said if we could address this to the email address above which is customer service and please let him know how people get on
    i have is email address if anybody needs it

ALSO HE JUST PHONED ME AND IVE GOT NO ISSUES WITH MY CAR FOR RECALL AS HE CHECKED THE VIN NUMBER FOR ME

SO ME HAPPY WITH THAT 8) 8)

20. andystan0_1

andystan0_1 Member

recall

just spoke to subaru uk its only wrxs not sti that are been recalled plus just found out my car was imported from belgium