SUBARU Chrome Letters

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by Greyscale, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Greyscale

Greyscale 2011 Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Estate Titanium X

Hi again

I'm looking to remove the big oval badge on my newage wagon tailgate and replace it with the classic Subaru letters.

Where can I get them for a reasonable price? I did find a listing on ebay from Hong Kong but it's a 2 week delivery and I cant tell how big the letters are.

Thanks

Steve

2. kevmac

kevmac Member

Halfords sell em

3. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

If its an oval badge there may be holes behind.

4. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

Btw the letters are about £30-40 off cotcomp

5. Greyscale

Thanks Jake. You have pm

6. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

I've got a set of newage letters somewhere, not sure if they are the same size though?

7. Shmerman

Shmerman Active Member

I have a set of classic lettering in the shed. your welcome to them.

8. Greyscale

Shmerman you have pm. Thanks

9. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

You'll likely have to re stick any used lettering with a 3m style double sided tape IMO this never works well. As its always thicker than oem and sits proud.

10. Miggs

Miggs New Member

i use araldite in little dots to stick badges back on, it usually means they won't come off without removing the paint but they do stick well and sit flush

11. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

if your going to use any glue, which i wouldn't recommend, use super glue gel,

it wont drip or run, as once set there's no way to remove glue that's run down a panel, Ive seen it first hand,

still think the best thing is a new badge, for the money its cheaper than repairing the boot.

12. Miggs

Miggs New Member

i agree if you intend to remove them if you don't like them or change your mind next year glues not a good idea as it would need a full repaint when removed, araldite doesn't run though, it's real thick so no running, i only use a dot on each point and thats more than enough, i must stress though i've never done it to a really tidy car

13. davetwr1

davetwr1 Member

scoobyparts sell scooby chrome letters £12inc vat they look smart 8)

14. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

They also do really good quality door stickers, they have the proper grey mettalic vinyl.

15. Greyscale

Hi again

My intention is to get the tailgate looking similar to my old classics and basically just dont like the newage oval. I'm not gonna change my mind at any point and debadge it completely so I'm gonna try a used set with some really thin double-sided tape, like carpet tape, and if that doesnt work then if I can get an original for £30-£40 quid I will get one of those.

Cheers guys.

Steve

16. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

Is yours a hawkeye? If so you will have two holes in the boot for the oval badge.

17. Greyscale

Yeah Hawkeye. Let me guess, the holes wont be in a placement that will allow the Subaru letters to cover them up?