STI PANEL FILTER

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by andyr, Apr 11, 2005.

1. mcscoobydoo

mcscoobydoo New Member

Bacon Sarny no problem - Im not in Friday though - Scooby world delivering spoiler. Hopefully !
    It should have arrived last Friday [:(!] - took day off specially. [:(!][:(!] Ended up tiling bathroom instead. [:(!][:(!][:(!]
    They are having teething problems with spray shop !
    I can pop in work Friday once it arrives. [^]
    Ill ring you to sort the details anyway.

Brown sauce or Red ?

[:D]

2. jonboy

jonboy New Member

Gary i dont know about the STi filter in your sport, but i had a performance filter from jap-innovations in my sport which was also the phase 2 engine on a 2000 v plate and it was fine, ran good performance wise, but as it was my 1st scooby i didnt have owt to compare it with [:)]

3. fireman sam

fireman sam New Member

Gary, what have you got in the sport at the moment[?]

4. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fireman sam</i>
    <br />Gary, what have you got in the sport at the moment[?]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
    A gaping hole where a Turbo should be [:p][:D][:D][xx(]

5. fireman sam

fireman sam New Member

Once that rear spoiler goes on it won need a turbo[:D][:D]

6. Gary

Gary Active Member

Oh I see the Turbo boys have come out to play [:D]

Sorry Gary (FS), to answer your question about which filter have I in, what ever the Sport comes with as standard

7. Only kiddin Gary [:)]
    A STI filter should improve your BHP & Torgue just with the better air flow.

8. Gary

Gary Active Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Scooby Towers</i>
    <br />Only kiddin Gary [:)]
    A STI filter should improve your BHP & Torgue just with the better air flow.

Cheers Chris

Looks like its the next mod then (after I paid for having the V6 spoiler painted/fitted)

Shhhh [;)]

At least she won see the filter [:I]

9. fireman sam

fireman sam New Member

Gary, i have a green cotton panel filter you can try if you like, to see if see any improvement. Could bring it on Sunday if you like[:)]

10. Gary

Gary Active Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fireman sam</i>
    <br />Gary, i have a green cotton panel filter you can try if you like, to see if see any improvement. Could bring it on Sunday if you like[:)]

OK, thanks

Dry type ?

11. fireman sam

fireman sam New Member

Ill bring the filter and the paper work/info and see what you think[:)]
    Ill leave it up to you mate.[:)]

12. Gary

Gary Active Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fireman sam</i>
    <br />Ill bring the filter and the paper work/info and see what you think[:)]
    Ill leave it up to you mate.[:)]

No, don leave it up to me [:0], not got a clue what Im doing when it comes to cars [:(]

As long as I don muck up that maf thing [V]

What is a maf thing [:eek:)]

13. I run a green.
    No problems in 15k.
    In fact, my MAF deterioted pre green, when a standard filter had been used for all the cars life.

14. fireman sam

fireman sam New Member

Its part of the ash tray, are you thick or what[;)]

15. fireman sam

fireman sam New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Scooby Towers</i>
    <br />I run a green - very, very, very lightly oiled. No problems in 15k.

Now you want it............dont you[:D]

16. Oil is the killer of MAFS on 99/00. Strange though how so many "standard" filtered cars have the same MAF problems. At £75 its best to treat the MAF as a servicable item, and change it every 30k.
    All IMHO of course.
    Chris

17. fireman sam

fireman sam New Member

Is the STI filter a paper type panel filter which would be renewed at every service like an ordinary subaru air filter[?][:)]

18. scoobbillydoo

scoobbillydoo Active Member

maf? whats a maf? i dont have 1 ov these on my scooby[;)]

good old gems ecu [;)]

19. Yep - expensive ain they [;)]

I see a green refitment job starting[:D]

20. Billy - are you running a Scooby Shootout this year ?