STI breaths again.

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by JET, Feb 21, 2012.

1. JET

JET New Member

Well after 18months in storage I figured it was time to take the old girl out and give her a run and pamper treatment.

Been on tickle charge so no battery or transponder to worry about, She started first time, no seized brakes, no nasty smells or smoke (once I'd burned off the fuel stabiliser and afterrun oil in the cylinders)
    Couldn't believe how much I've missed driving it. Still got quite a bit of dust and alli oxy sort out but hopefully she can come out to play again soon.

Gaz :D

2. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Be good to see you and the motor again Gary :wink:

3. skins21

skins21 Active Member

good 2 here gary [​IMG]

4. ScoobyDan

ScoobyDan New Member

Nice one Gary . Hope to see you at a few events with it soon . :)

5. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

8) 8)

6. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

8) 8) 8)

Just in time to get ready for the Flag Market :wink:

7. garyboxer

garyboxer Full member

NIce one Gary, be good to see you again 8)

8. JET

JET New Member

Cheers chaps be good to see you all again too 8)

9. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

Gaz,

hope you all well and glad car is on the road again mate :D

10. JET

JET New Member

Hey Andy, good to here from you bud 8) Just removed all the Stereo equipment so we have a boot again ready for some trips out with Jenni, and been round the underneath with the rust remedy and waxoil. wouldn't like to leave one for 5 years :lol: there would be nowt left :?

11. ScoobyDaz

ScoobyDaz Member

Gaz the car park at meets wont be the same with you car there and no boom boom tunes :lol: Glad your back in the fore mate. :wink:

12. JET

JET New Member

:lol: Done the show car thing Daz and enjoyed it TBH but time to start using it proper again mate, bet the MPG is doubled with all that weight removed bud :shock:

13. JET

JET New Member

All oils changed, rust treated, underseal done, MOT booked for 28th, like a kid with a new toy 8) amazing how much I've missed my motor

You guys doing CPOP this year or does the clash with the Le-mans mean that you won't have a stand at the biggest car event in the north of England? :roll:

14. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Needed numbers Gaz. Can't do a stand if members don't want to put there names down mate :wink:

Take your umbrella :lol: :lol:

15. JET

JET New Member

Not to bad for me Mick, Got a neighbour who is heavily into auto grass and they have a big display this year so had a back door entry sorted just in case, have sorted out my discounted club tickets with another Subaru club this morning though :D

And I was just guessing that the clash would mean that you guys would miss out matey :shock:

16. Watky

Watky New Member

Another dig at me then mate......

17. JET

JET New Member

I wasn't aware that I had made a previous dig at you Mark :!:
    Nice to here from you BTW and thanks for the 'welcome back to LADS message' it warmed my heart :D

As for the Le-mans comment, youre the events organiser and you have always gone to Le-mans, past experience tells me that no-one else in Admin would do the stirling job that you do re CPOP in your absence (and I do mean that, you work bloomin hard mate) so it was a natural conclusion that LADS would not be doing the event due to your absence.

Le-mans or Cpop, if I had the funds Le-mans every time matey :wink: