stalling scooby

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by stuart, Mar 8, 2006.

1. stuart

stuart New Member

Hi Jim, Shut it off, but haven removed yet. Ill go to scrappies now to replace the pipe its connected into. Try and get that boost pipe you advised me to replace.

2. jim litten

jim litten New Member

The pump fault maybe the relay, if the relay isn staying latched then the pump will shut down, easy way to check that the pump is running ok is to take a live feed directly to the pump, if it runs ok then check the relay. You haven got a Clifford alarm? as these have a seperate pump isolation circuit for the immobiliser and can play up.

3. stuart

stuart New Member

Replaced those pipes you advised, cheeky t**t wanted a tenner for them[:(!]. Its a laserline alarm. Just wondering, when the car is cold wether the fuel pump is struggling to build pressure, but once warmed up runs fine.I was told by an AA bloke that hed been to plenty of Subarus with faulty fuel pumps, my car has done 120,000 miles without this being replaced, is it worth getting an upgaded one, or stick with oe from subaru. Cheers Jim.

4. jim litten

jim litten New Member

No harm in upgrading if you going to do more, but as your cars got high miles on it the reg maybe getting weak too and the upgraded pump may cause your car to overfuel.

5. stuart

stuart New Member

Cheers mate. Ill get one priced up tomorrow. Thanks for your help, Stuart.[:D]