SMC Stages 24th March

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by FroSTI, Feb 25, 2013.

1. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

As you know it's always difficult to predict. Probably around 18:00, but don't hold me to that :roll:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    In his last email Ken has sent he mentioned that the CofC has planned “an interesting new set up in our sector for the 1st few stages” which he thinks we will find adds some extra excitement!

I can only guess what this might be!!

Weather might be a problem tho' :shock:

2. Sub BLT

Sub BLT New Member

Cheers mate it's just to give mine and mikes wives a ruff idea that's all .

Weather might make for some exciting action :lol:

3. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Whats the deal gonna be if the weather is bad kev

4. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

I guess we get wet and cold??? Lookin forward to it!!!

5. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

I guess someone will get in touch with us IF the event is postponed. However at the moment, despite it trying to snow for most of the day, nothing is sticking / laying at all around here, so I'm hoping we'll be okay for Sunday; unlike the race meeting we were supposed to be doing tomorrow, that's been cancelled! :evil:
    TBH we've had some grim weather in the past at Weeton and its always gone ahead.
    If I hear anything untoward before Sunday morning I'll try and get in touch with as many people as possible as well as posting here, so check back tomorrow night. :wink:

6. atcgedlad

atcgedlad New Member

thermals will be packed.

7. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

I seem to think its gonna be colder tomo than in wales lol

Mr smalley you biscuit fienddo you have plentiful supplies i have a rather special biscuit for you to tfy

8. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

There was a light covering of snow around here overnight but that has already melted away.
    I haven't heard anything to suggest that the rally won't go ahead; in fact I have been past the camp today and it looked like the stages were already set up :)
    So see you and the rest of the brass monkey's in the morning at silly o'clock :roll: :D

9. Widdowmaker

See you around 7:30 on stage!!!!

10. Widdowmaker

What an awesome day!!! Weather was great except for the wind. no rain or ice for a change!! Got a bit of face burn!!

Good rallying, with a small but raring to go field. Not all the usual runners, but some of the lesser cars really going for it.

Thanks Mr Frost for organising and TurboPercy for the prototype KKC4FC!! Was awesome!!! Good turnout of marshalls, who as always worked as team, and kept spirits up with banter!

I always enjoy this type of event with this group of guys!!

11. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Thanks Jim,
    glad you and the others enjoyed the event, I always enjoy those events too :D always a good laugh and your right, excellent team work :!:
    Many thanks to everyone who came along today, both from me but also on behalf of the chief marshal and the organising club. :wink:

12. Sub BLT

Sub BLT New Member

I had a great day thanks for organising kev . Do we have any results it would be good to know who won the spirit of the rally award ,I hope it was kenny from the block he never gave in lol :lol:

13. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Reat day as always thanks to kev for organising and to everyone else for their wealth of humoir jokes wit and banter

KKC4FC mk 2 should be a more triumphant attempt

14. Widdowmaker

Ahhh - but will you be making it with a Willans(?) block?

15. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

16. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Millington block according to the timing guru