SCOOBYFEST TRACKDAY Booking , Camping Booking & Show info.

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by Captain, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Captain

Captain Member

[​IMG]

So the facts are simple, only one person booked for the Trackday at Blyton Park on June 5th, which meant it was not financially viable and we have had no choice but to cancel that and move Scoobyfest to York Raceway for a weekend of drag racing and RWYB on the 2nd and 3rd of July 2016. The drag racing event is on both the Saturday 2nd July and Sunday 3rd July and the classes and events taking place are listed below, for £30 for one day or £50 for both anyone attending Scoobyfest can have unlimited runs on the drag strip all day and enter the appropriate class or event. The Subaru show part of Scoobyfest will take place on Sunday 3rd July ONLY with the show admission cost still being negotiated. Camping is available at York Raceway for £5 per person with facilities and catering (including a bar) available. So you can attend both days of racing as well as the Scoobyfest show on the Sunday and show your pride and joy off to all the UK Subaru community and enter the show`n`shine competitions if you wish . Apologies to anyone who has already made plans for June 5th but unfortunately we had no choice and hope you will understand and can change those plans to attend Scoobyfest on July 3rd instead. We will release further details as they are confirmed.

York raceway is north of our original venue and still easily accessible so the location should not cause anyone a problem we hope.

http://scoobyfest.co.uk/

http://www.yorkraceway.org.uk/

[​IMG]

2 JULY Sat
    SPORTSMAN NATIONALS

• Ultimate RWYB
    • Straightliners
    • American Super Stock Round 6
    • JDM-DRC Round 6
    • NSCC
    • PRO FWD Round 6
    • Volks Stock Round 4
    • Super Cup Round 4
    • Pro ET & Sportsman ET Round 4

3 JULY Sun
    STREET RACER CHAMPIONSHIP

• 39th Annual Street Racer
    • Big Bracket (bracket class for all non-street legal cars)
    • NON STOP RWYB
    • Straightliners

Gates open at 8:30am, Scrutineering and signing on opens at 9am, track opens at 9:30am. Track closes 5.30pm-6.30pm.

SCOOBYFEST SHOW 3 July Sun

All we need to know this year are the numbers attending and size of stand required from each club attending, Many thanks to the 25 clubs that have already done this and we hope the change of date doesn`t affect too many people. The club stands and independents car parking will be on an area of hard standing totally separate to the drag racing with room for as many cars as we like plus gazebos etc... So please can all clubs continue to post up on the Scoobyfest Facebook page or Scoobyfest.co.uk via a nominated rep...Please keep it updated.

We have a wide range of traders attending Scoobyfest and they are all advertised on Scoobyfest.co.uk. The show and shine competitions for Scoobyfest will be independently run and judged by some of these traders including an extreme modified class, full details will be released shortly once everything has been confirmed. We have a fantastic range of items to auction and to enter in a very special raffle with once again all proceeds going to our nominated charity which is Mission Motorsport, a truly worth cause as I am sure you will agree.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    ProdriveWagon and ELV1S like this.
  2. Seems I'll be having a Track Afternoon!

ProdriveWagon likes this.
  3. Captain

Captain Member

Amended

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    ProdriveWagon and ELV1S like this.
  4. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Ok guys, we will use this list thread to start the list for LADS attending this event, all the info is on this thread, track days, camping or if like me and Nige, B&Bs

I have booked us into the Black horse Inn, but rooms are limited there so you may have to try others on the list, but all look very nice and are within a few miles of Blyton Park, booking in looks like arrival isn't until after 16.00hrs at most of them, so my plan is to meet up (to be arranged) and convoy across to Gainsborough or just make your own way, have a look round the event location, set up LADS stand with the equipment we take then head back to our accommodations, maybe meet up for a couple if we get separated (different B&Bs)

Be quick if you want a B&B guys as rooms are limited so may well go sooner than you think.

Just to add, those not wanting to stay over there will be a convoy organized for those traveling over Sunday morning, meeting place and times etc.

1. ELV1S - Impreza P1 - MY 2000 (Black Horse Inn)
    2. Haggy - Impreza WRX STi - MY 2006 (Black Horse Inn)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  5. mariuszGTB

mariuszGTB Active Member

I will be going on Saturday so probably will join anybody else going that day. Not sure in which car I will be yet hopefully it will be Legacy :worried:.
    Is anybody will be camping? I would prefer camp than staying in B&B.

ELV1S likes this.
  6. I'll be Camping! More fun, than you FlashCampers :p
    So put me down :)

ChrisValentine - Subaru Impreza Type R ;)

mariuszGTB likes this.
  7. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

3. ChrisValentine - Subaru Impreza Type R (Camping)

8. covak2002

covak2002 Active Member

4. Covak2002 WRX V-Ltd 2003 (Black Horse Inn)

9. Captain

Captain Member

A

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  10. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Anyone else fancy this, please get your names down so we know how many we need for the club stand, how times have changed, not so long ago we couldn't fit everyone on, what a difference :( For those camping you may need to book yourself in with Gus and Cumbrian Scoob's so they know who needs what?

11. andyscoob

andyscoob Active Member

I am wanting to go to this, just trying to work out what is best for me to do.

ELV1S likes this.
  12. tomliboo3

tomliboo3 Member

5. Tomliboo3- Impreza Sti blob eye My 2005 (sun only)

ELV1S likes this.
  13. Maciek

Maciek Member

6. Maciek- Subaru Impreza Wrx blob eye 2004 (sun only)

14. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Most of you will know by now that the original date and venue of this has now been canceled and changed. Through no fault of the organisers and down to the same reason we were discussing at LADS meeting last Sunday, a shortage of numbers for the track time :(

The new dates are all above, once I've checked what I'm doing I'll post the alternatives up, meeting times and places etc, although where it is now will be the same place we have always met,

Details to follow asap

15. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Ok guys, like everyone else, I'm not too sure whats happening with this event yet?

John/Captain
    Can you please come on and confirm please?

There doesn't seem to be many people adding there names to any other lists ie Scoobynet or Scoobyfest list?

If this still goes ahead the meeting time and place will be Birch services East bound M62, meeting at 7.00am and leaving no later than 7.30 There will be an alternative route over the A59 headed by Chris Towers, details to follow for that.

I've added names that have confirmed they still want to go, this will be on the Sunday morning 3rd July as we are no longer staying over

1. ELV1S - Impreza P1 - MY 2000
    2. Haggy - Impreza WRX STi - MY 2006
    3. ChrisValentine - Subaru Impreza Type R

16. Captain

Captain Member

Yes Dave I can confirm the event is going ahead , we were at York Raceway over the weekend , The lists are on Facebook with 26 clubs attending or direct via yourselves to us on the good old interweb. Just let me know what you are doing and we will sort it for you ?. It seems that the day of the forum is over with many clubs only existing on facebook , I personally am not on facebook so I let the CS team sort all that , however e.g. NESOC are facebook only and they are fetching 50 cars. The camping is proving popular .

ELV1S likes this.
  17. 555wrx

555wrx Active Member

4. 555wrx - BRZ - MY13 (might get Mr H to bring the Levorg as well)

HAGGY likes this.
  18. covak2002

covak2002 Active Member

New
    4. Covak2002 Impreza WRX V-Ltd 2003 "may include wife " need to recalculate fuel :think:

19. tomliboo3

tomliboo3 Member

1. ELV1S- Impreza P1 - MY 2000
    4. Covak2002 Impreza WRX V-Ltd 2003 "may include wife " need to recalculate fuel :think:

20. 1. ELV1S- Impreza P1 - MY 2000
    6. Scooby Towers - Impreza WRX STI - MY 2004