Rolling Road 4 - The results

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by Scooby Towers, Oct 29, 2005.

1. finley44

finley44 Active Member

chris small correction for me, my graph shows 304.6 bhp & 294.2lb/ft

as tesco says every little bit helps[;)]

2. No worries - the hand written result chart has up to 3 sets of numbers for each car [:0]

3. andyr

andyr New Member

Well happy with results, ~8hp and ~27ftlbs up on standard, all with just the aid of an STI air-filter. Great day, looking forward to next one now I have a baseline to work from.[:D][:D]

andyr

4. ScoobyDan

ScoobyDan New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by andyr</i>
    <br />Well happy with results, ~8hp and ~27ftlbs up on standard, all with just the aid of an STI air-filter. Great day, looking forward to next one now I have a baseline to work from.[:D][:D]

andyr
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

It looks like the STI panel filters really help to increase torque as Andyr ,ChrisHall and myself all got good torque figures from them.

5. Tony Burns

Tony Burns New Member

My figures wernt that bad considering that i had a problem, the ECU had retarded itself down to a multiplier of x8, it should be x16, so not pushing full boost (i wondered where that extra 25bhp went [;)]) so figures probably up around 315bhp and 330lbs of torque next time [;)] which isnt bad for a standard car [:D]
    I just wondered when it decided to retard itself to the last lot of safe settings [:(] though i think i can remember seeing a flash of det a couple of months ago.

Tony[:D]

6. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

Always a problem isnt there?! [;)][:D]

You lot might have some healthy competition at the next one. [}:)]

7. Do tell John - Finished par chance ?

8. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

Nearly! [;)]

Hopefully get it running this week.

9. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

The STi filter did nothing for mine, except lose me 30 BHP on the last time she ran [:(]

Can be right, can it [:(]

Date last tested 19/09/2004

Figures
    <b>284.1 1bft Torque</b>
    <b>304.4 BHP</b>

10. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

<font color="blue">Dave, I strongly suspect your ecu has retarded the ignition. Also, your probably up against the limit for a standard catted downpipe and the backbox your running? (lots of bends in there espially with it being transverse.)

A reset will probably get your figures back to around previous levels but I don think youll see much more improvement till you address the above.

Hope this eases the pain in some way.[;)][:)]</font id="blue">

11. andyr

andyr New Member

Took a load of pics on the day. How do I post them? Help required.

andyr

12. ScoobyDan

ScoobyDan New Member

13. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TunnelMeister</i>
    <br /><font color="blue">Dave, I strongly suspect your ecu has retarded the ignition. Also, your probably up against the limit for a standard catted downpipe and the backbox your running? (lots of bends in there espially with it being transverse.)

A reset will probably get your figures back to around previous levels but I don think youll see much more improvement till you address the above.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Know what your saying mate,but the exhaust was the same last year, had the ECU reset but never got chance to run again [:(]

Can afford all these mods, so it will have to stay the same [:(]

14. jonboy

jonboy New Member

Glad i came down now and thanks chris for fitting me on the last minute with avin to get home early dead pleased with figures 238.2bhp was told with what mods id done to expect around 240 so yes well pleased.

Gonna try a new filter told MRT are pretty good and run it on optimax for the next RR day and make sure its a full tank not on empty lol

15. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ELV1S</i>
    <br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TunnelMeister</i>
    <br /><font color="blue">Dave, I strongly suspect your ecu has retarded the ignition. Also, your probably up against the limit for a standard catted downpipe and the backbox your running? (lots of bends in there especially with it being transverse.)

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Know what your saying mate,but the exhaust was the same last year, had the ECU reset but never got chance to run again [:(]

Can afford all these mods, so it will have to stay the same [:(]
    <font color="blue">Like I said, a reset will probably get you back to your <u><i>last</i></u> figures. Reckon you will need to change d/p & poss BB to get above that.

Ive got a nice full system, including an engine friendly d/p (closed neck/decat) that would sound lovely on your mota. Going cheap too.[;)]</font id="blue">

16. Scoobydobydoo

Scoobydobydoo Lifetime and founder member

I was quite happy with the results i got especially with it being quite a warm day!
    Would like to see what id get on a cold day though[;)][:D]

17. Gary

Gary Active Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Scoobydobydoo</i>
    <br />I was quite happy with the results i got especially with it being quite a warm day!
    Would like to see what id get on a cold day though[;)][:D]

A runny nose [:eek:)]

18. finley44

finley44 Active Member

elvis get a type r much better than those p1s[:D][:D][:D]

19. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

No thanks mate, Ill stick with the P1 even with the figures it ran on Saturday,, she still turns more heads than the Type R [;)]

20. Gary

Gary Active Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ELV1S</i>
    <br />No thanks mate, Ill stick with the P1 even with the figures it ran on Saturday,, she still turns more heads than the Type R [;)]

trouble is they look away [:0][;)]