Rolling Road 3. 19th March 05.

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by Scooby Towers, Jan 5, 2005.

1. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

That kept you all guessing [;)]

2. Gary

Gary Active Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ELV1S</i>
    <br />That kept you all guessing [;)]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

[?][​IMG][​IMG][?]

3. wildmark

wildmark New Member

Im really to sorry to have to do this but I have to drop out of the RR day, were going to Florida on Sat morning for a week.

Mark

4. No worries Mark - have a good holiday [:)]

1 CW42
    2 JAY_BEE
    3 Jeffs other mate
    4 FQ300
    5 Scouse22
    6 FastFrank
    7 MY98 Paul
    8 Scottenti
    9 Leg al cy al
    10 Fireman Sam
    11 ZippyEFC
    12 Tony Burns
    13 Frodge
    14 Tomo
    15 Finley44
    16 Roofer
    17 Dougie94WRX
    18 Edmy716
    19 ChrisP

5. Full again [:)]

1 CW42
    2 JAY_BEE
    3 Jeffs other mate
    4 FQ300
    5 Scouse22
    6 FastFrank
    7 MY98 Paul
    8 Scottenti
    9 Leg al cy al
    10 Fireman Sam
    11 ZippyEFC
    12 Tony Burns
    13 Frodge
    14 Tomo
    15 Finley44
    16 Roofer
    17 Dougie94WRX
    18 Edmy716
    19 ChrisP
    20 Tony B

6. fastfrank

fastfrank New Member

Right, so does this final list relate to the order in which we all go on the RR?

F

7. Yes & No.

Ive tried to accomodate most time requests, but we always end up moving run times around on the day [;)]

Chris

8. fastfrank

fastfrank New Member

ok, no worries mate. See you there at 9AM

Frank[:)]

9. scottenti

scottenti New Member

will you be coming down m61 on way to rolling road if so what time will you be going past junction 4 m61 as we can meet up with you as you are going past.

cheers
    scott

10. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by scottenti</i>
    <br />will you be coming down m61 on way to rolling road if so what time will you be going past junction 4 m61 as we can meet up with you as you are going past.

cheers
    scott
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Ill be getting on at Eccles near the Traff Centre at about 8.45 I will keep my eye out for you,Im in a P1

see you all in an hour [:D]

11. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Had a great day today,met some new people and took on 1 new member,welcome to LADS TOMO [:D]

Thanks go to Chris( Scooby Towers) for organising this again,well done mate [8D]

12. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

Yep, great day again. I was fairly pleased with the results but Ill feel better when I can do the run in 5th as per Johns recommendation. Thanks to all involved [:)]

The only thing I didnt like was a lack of brakes when I needed them to stop at the junction outside Prosport.[:(!] Bloody things then locked up and has knackered a disc near enough!!!![:(!][:(!]
    Needless to say, Im draining them off and re-bleeding them tomorrow morning, hopefully this time, without letting any bloody air in!!!!

[:)]

13. fastfrank

fastfrank New Member

lol, i got that on film mate [;)]

14. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

Any chance of a copy??

Seriously, when I first put my foot on the brakes, near enough, bugger all happened, the brake pedal had run out of travel before the brakes locked up!!! When I re-bleed the brakes, Im going to take the pads out on the front offside.. there must be a stone the size of a boulder stuck in them, theres a massive groove been dug out of the disk!!!

I bloody kacked myself... LOL... [:D]

Oh well, at least I got round the corner... [;)]

(eventually [:D][:D])

15. johnfelstead

johnfelstead New Member

oops on the brakes [:0]

The car pulled really well considering it was a gear down on ideal for the rollers run Jay_bee.

16. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

Hi John

Nice to see you on here...

Thanks for the comments, I would like to have seen what kind of difference it would have made if I could have done the run in fifth.

But, Ill be getting the turbo done in a few weeks, Im going to wrap the DP at the same time, plus Ill also have the induction heatshield fitted that someone has made for me, which should hopefully help it to keep the charge temp down a little especially with the aid on the new "fan-assisted" topmount [;)]

Well see how she does after Ive got that lot sorted (inc the damn brakes!!) and I should be able to run in fifth then, so.....

....fingers crossed

17. johnfelstead

johnfelstead New Member

The main diference is the peak torque value would have gone up and it would have been produced ealier in the rpm range, your peak power value wouldnt have changed much.

When i was testing my own RA with some charge temp sesnors i found that running the engine at light load brings the inlet and charge temps down significantly on the Top Mount ICs, this is why i was running the cars for a while at low load part throttle before starting the power runs. The new age cars in particular see diferences in power produced on rollers if you dont do this as they have a more agresive inlet temp based safety stratergy.

18. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

As far as the bhp figs are concerned, as long as it increases by about 3 - 4 bhp... thatll do [;)]

Yep, would have been nice to pull a bit more torque, although on the second run, it was reading 315lbs/ft of torque but a loss of about 5 bhp. Presumably because the exhaust temps were up but so was the temp in the intercooler by that stage?

19. johnfelstead

johnfelstead New Member

The charge temps would have been slightly lower on the second run, but exhaust temp would have been slightly higher.

20. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

Wierd, I would have thought the charge temps would have been up on the second run due to heatsoak (LOL) generated from the unsheilded downpipe... and a lack of decent airflow to the intercooler etc