Rolling Road 15 - The results

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by Scooby Towers, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I want mine to be standard :shock: are you saying that all the figure's are 10% out?

Michael

2. Neil

Neil Active Member

No Michael, I'm saying that the results are not consistant or representative of the cars tested.

3. JET

JET New Member

I here Scooby clinics RR is pretty bob on :wink:

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok No Problem. :)

Michael

5. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

All RR are different, as is the way they are operated. As has already been said, climatic conditions from session to session also affects reasults.

As Neil says, it's the difference between sessions against the mods you may have made that's the important bit.

As ever its a very emotive subject, but I am very happy with the day. :D

Now, do I go for a new gearbox before the next one or not? :wink: :lol:

6. scooby251

scooby251 Well-Known Member

Yes I am aware of the different factors on the rollers and I do know the car car didn't make full boost when tested. :cry:

I just wanted that bit of paper to prove it then I could concentrate on something else :?

I also know it's only a bit of paper and it's about how it goes on the road - which by the way is awesome and a bit too scary for normal roads :shock:

7. andyscoobym3csl

andyscoobym3csl New Member

what turbo you using paul ?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After reading through this thread for about the ninth time :shock:

Wouldn't it make sence to do the next Rolling Road where the Rollers are Calibrated? Another of our sponsors (Speed Factory) has this facility.

I can see the argument that whilst you use the same rollers any improvement that you make on the car will be recorded, but if the results aren't a true reflection of what you actually have who's kidding who? Or am I making this far too complicated? :oops:

Michael

9. scooby251

I am doing a quick run at speed factory Saturday morning to to compare :wink:

10. scooby251

Gt35 :wink:

11. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

They are calibrated regularly mate, we were talking about that on Saturday :wink:

12. scooby251

I spoke to gav and he said they have just been calibrated :D
    Thing is - if I get the fugures I expect what does that mean? Who's is correct?

Add the figures and divide by 2?? Average :lol: :lol:

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lets hope you get 530 then :wink:

Michael

14. andyscoobym3csl

stock mount, internally gated ? or rotated mate

15. scooby251

Rotated with external waste gate

16. andyscoobym3csl

the only true result you will get is on a engine dyno mate. coz typicaly when all my cars were mapped on rollers they produced a figure and the the mapper de tunes slightly to compensate for higher loading sustained on typical roads/tracks. so in theory if your car was mapped on the dyno and then its been de tuned so to speak, then you could just flash the map on that you achieved on the rollers whilst mapping, for your dyno days, if this makes sense. this way it will achieve the full boost exactly as if it was on the road.

17. andyscoobym3csl

nice. look foward to seeing it go on nov 6th mate

18. scooby251

It goes ok but the driver won't be doing it any justice on the track :lol: :lol: :lol: hoping you can give me some pointers :wink:
    See you on the 6th :D :D

19. andyscoobym3csl

i am sure you will be better than you think. i am praying for good weather . i will see if i can get a passenger seat fitted in my car for the 6th.

20. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Think we need a Rolling Road Profesional on here to explain exactly how RR's work! :lol:

When we talk about rollers being 'calibrated' or others that are 'bob on', just what do we mean :?:

Taking the engine out and bench testing it is the only true way, everything else is full of compromises.

Don't take it all too seriously or get too complicated, my head hurts now! :wink: :lol: