Roger Albert Clark

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by Andy.McCord, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    Any alternatives?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Im up for going to any of the other stages, not bothered about travelling (the newness wont have worn off by then..[:D] )

Jeff [:)]

2. Dream Weaver

Dream Weaver Member

What a crapper [:(]

I used to watch rallying in Gisburn forest, never had any problems.

3. Perhaps its down to the lack of marshals - wonder if a group of LADS would do ?[:D]

4. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Im up for a bit of marshalling,I used to do it every year on RAC Rally.Not done it for years now. [:D]

5. REIDY

REIDY New Member

I have sent an email to the clerk of the course at roger albert clark rally, to ask for more information on why spectators are not allowed at these stages in gisburn and leyland, i have asked if there is any way as a club we could watch the stage. I will let you know as soon as i get a response,

Andy

6. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Good one Andy, let us know if you get anything usefull.

Regarding Marshalling I don mind giving it a go, especially if it gets me in. I have never marshalled on a rally but have at circuit / sprint events, similarities I guess.

Cheers

Kev F

7. REIDY

REIDY New Member

I got this e-mail today from the guy in charge of the stages at leyland and gisburn, and whey hey we can go!!!!!!!

Dear Andy,
    Thanks for your e-mail.
    The only stage on sunday that we are not allowing spectators into is
    Leyland, all the others including Gisburn have facilities for Spectators.

Please find attached Rally Route.

If you require a programme with detailed stage maps plese send a cheque of
    postal order for £7.50 ( including postage) made payable to R.A.C. Rally Ltd
    to

R.A.C. Rally Programme
    17 Dunniwood Close
    Whitwood
    Castleford
    West Yorkshire
    WF10 5EX

Thanks Again, and Hope to see you there.

John Halsall
    Co-Ordinator for Roger Albert Cl;ark Rally.

8. REIDY

REIDY New Member

Anybody wanting the document sent to me of details on the stages e mail me and i will send it to you. Looks as though we are on for this one then, see ya there guys [:D]

9. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Cool, nice one Andy.
    Ill have alook at what they sent please, e-mail me as per profile.
    Looks like we are on again then!

Kev F

10. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

Doesnt look like Im going to be able to make this now as I wont be picking my new car up
    for another 2-3 weeks...
    unless anyones passing the Lancaster area and cares to give me a lift that is (please [:D] )....

11. REIDY

REIDY New Member

I am awaiting for colin at roger albert clark to ring me back with the stage info for gisburn, sorry i aint had chance to reply to any e-mails as i have been busy with my new job. As soon as i get the spectators meeting point from him i will post it up here.

Thanks
    Andy

12. Adi

Adi New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jay_bee</i>
    <br />Doesnt look like Im going to be able to make this now as I wont be picking my new car up
    for another 2-3 weeks...
    unless anyones passing the Lancaster area and cares to give me a lift that is (please [:D] )....

I may be able to give you a lift, Im thinking of going to Gisburn.
    Adi.

13. Jay_bee

Jay_bee New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adi</i>
    <br />
    I may be able to give you a lift, Im thinking of going to Gisburn.
    Adi.

Excellent.. let me know [^]

Cheers

Jeff

14. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

So, are folks meeting up to go together?

15. REIDY

REIDY New Member

i eventually read my e-mails!!!
    Colin Hempsall at Rodger Albert Clark has told me in an e-mail that most of gisburn is closed to road traffic, you can park close by and it is all signposted once you get into gisburn.
    I have a map which i can give you upon request. I also think its a good idea if we can meet up together and take as less cars as possible.
    I will sort out a time and a place to meet this week (at some point) and post it up here. Please could you post up weather or not ypu will be going so we can get an idea of numbers.

Thanks
    Andy

16. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Andy . .

Thanks for the info, if you are able to e-mail the map could you please send it to me.
    Regarding names, I am intending to go as well as Scoooby Towers, probably many more.

Kev F

17. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

For those interested . . The latest info on the RAC rally in Motorsport News this week is that Gisburn(SS6)has no block on spectators attending and that the times for cars coming through is 12:14. There is very little other locational type information other than that it is located off the B6478! Which isn a great deal to go on, however according to my map this is the road out of Clitheroe via Slaidburn passing to the south of Gisburn forest[;)].
    Reidy . .if you read this thread would you please post up or e-mail the map you received.
    As we are getting close we need to post up those going and agree suitable meeting points.
    Edited to add new link - http://www.rogeralbertclarkrally.org.uk/
    Kev F

18. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Just to add to the above info. to allow people to make a more informed decision to attend.
    The rally has failed to attract the anticipated number of
    entries, hence there are only 45 cars due to take the start.
    However these do include the likes of Stig Blomquist,
    Hannu Mikkola, Steve Perez, Malcolm Wilson & Tony Jardine (ITV)to name a few.
    Unfortunately there appears to be only around 2 miles of stage in Gisburn forest. Should be nice and cosy then!

Kev F

19. As no one is taking the lead can I suggest we meet in the Printworks carpark (next to Clitheroe Maccy Ds) at 11 am ?

This should leave enough time to load people up into 5s (to minimise the number of cars attending) and hide the remaining cars in a secure location.

Chris