Road Angel

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Torque, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Torque

Torque Active Member

I know some of the folk on here have Road Angels so a few questions before I purchase:

1. Are they the best?

2. Is the only difference between the New Road Angel and the New Road Angel Plus that the Plus is wireless?

3. As it's Tiff Needels voice for the alerts and I find him quite annoying is there other voices available within the menu or via download?

4. Any other make / model suggestions?

5. Cheapest supplier?

Thanks

2. RVFRichie

RVFRichie New Member

I've been looking at getting one - can't really help but good old Demon Tweeks have a variety.

As far as I know, the Plus gives you warning of lazers and can tell you the speed limit in a given area due to GPS - the standard one can't.

Check out Snoopers too.

Richard

3. wd40

wd40 Member

Also check out roadpilot micro go.

Road angels are good, but big, the road angel navigator isn't a patch on tomtom.

can't comment on snooper.

as a CHEAP alternative, microfuzion are ok, but aren't directional. to be honest though, road angel and anyothers aren't really either.

I've tried them all (bar snooper - except the actual detectors not GPS, which were great), microgo is very nice little unit, displaying speed too, and posted limits.

4. Torque

Torque Active Member

Cheers lads, I've had a Snooper, albeit an old one, and I wasn't that impressed so flogged it off when I had a car with a heat reflecting windscreen, which made the Snooper fairly ineffective, plus I didn't really want an external aerial.

I have TomTom Sat Nav on my PPC which is why I'm not looking at the Road Angel which incorporates it. Road Angel, as a brand, gets good write ups and frequently shows as best buys in various motoring magazines.

Guess I'll just have to take the plunge unless any other comments are forthcoming :D

5. phil_wrx

phil_wrx New Member

i have a drivesmart with the pulsemaster laser detector and they are good

6. GWS73

GWS73 Active Member

I've got a Snooper S5 with 360 degree Laser detection.

Now this thing is great at picking up Gatso's that are switched on (and leave you free to cruise through those that are switched off without a care in the world). It is also great at picking up B&Q fronts doors, Currys front doors etc and for wrecking anyones Sky TV whose house you happen to pass...

The Laser detection is a pile of sh**e too - I've owned the Snooper for about 5 years and it has never detected Laser once in that time.... even when I got zapped by one a couple of years ago :x - I emailed Snooper about this, and got some cock and bull story in reply about narrow band laser being difficult to detect (even though the write up on them says they will pick up laser "scatter")

Anyway - in conclusion, if you only want to know which cameras are on and you can ignore the shop door false alarms etc and you don't need to detect laser - then these are a great bit of kit :lol:

7. fordy1

fordy1 New Member

if it detects the laser, doesn't that mean your caught anyway? Surely you need a laser scrambler (?) diffuser (?) but of course thats illegal.

8. Gary

Gary Active Member

I have the Snooper S3

excellent piece of kit, save me a few times and detected a laser :shock:

I was so Impressed with it's laser detection I drove around again to be re-lasered :lol:

9. j.b

j.b New Member

:lol: :lol: Thats something I would do :oops:

10. Torque

Torque Active Member

:lol:

Cheers for all the comments folks