Remotes and immobiliser

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Trev, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Trev

Trev Moderator

As most may know Ive just moved to Norfolk and since arriving Ive had issues with the key fob and immobiliser. They take forever to work to lock and unlock and Tuesday I had to get towed off morrisons car park by Green flag to a different location to get it to work. Admittedly it was next to a police station with its radio antenna but wherever I am it takes quite a while to get it to work. Had the batteries changed in one remote and thats not working at all now. I know they have to be in and out in a set time but it was no more than a minute.
    Has anyone any ideas why its just started happening and is their a battery on the sigma that needs changing.

2. Does it work fine away from the bad reception areas ?

If you need to you can reprogramme the system to a code you'll remember ( for use with keypad entry).

3. Trev

Trev Moderator

Works better from bad reception areas but not perfect.
    Might need to resort to keypad at this rate.

BTW Made it all OK but the van was bulging at the seams after a visit to the cabin :roll:

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good luck in norwich trev not much there is there ? only ever bin to kings lynn trev

was it a due to your work you had to move m8

5. fordy1

fordy1 New Member

Sorry t see you go Trev, hope they dont find you there. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. Told you it was getting full :wink: :lol:

Alarm wise - I'll give you a call in the morning when I have the info in front of me.

7. JET

JET New Member

Jennie says hold it under your chin, touching the end of the fob on your skin sounds daft to me but she says try it, if it works she has the answer as to whats wrong for you.

:roll:

8. Trev

Trev Moderator

I'll try it Gary, but when its dark and no one about, dont want the yokels thinking some crazy from Lancs has decended on them. :lol:

9. JET

JET New Member

:lol: :lol: you only have to put up with the daft suggestions occasionally Trev :D , she is poking me in the ribs saying 'tell him I'm serious' and trying to explain about the effects of her suggestion on transmittor amplification and signal interference suppression 'yawn' :lol:

10. scoobynige

scoobynige New Member

Hi Trev

Did not know you had moved away (our house prices should start going up again now) :D

The spring in the key fob can work loose, put a piece of card inside the cover this will push the contact onto the batteries.
    Sounds funny but it works!!!

11. Gary

Gary Active Member

Put the r/c on one side of your head then press it aimed towards the car.....

Believe me it works (Unless there is a huge amount of nothing between your ears) :D

12. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

No chance of that working then :lol:

Hope you settle in ok Trev and good luck :D

13. Greyscale

Greyscale 2011 Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Estate Titanium X

Hi Trev

I've had problems with this also. I'm sure someone said that you can get a replacement circuit board for the Sigma alarm from Subaru dealers. These modified boards aren't affected by the emergency services frequencies. I was advised that they are around £80.

Steve

14. Trev

Trev Moderator

Thanks for all your good wishes NOT :lol:

Your spot on Steve, been to the main dealer today ( can you believe their called Dingles ) Its called an ECU shield and was made by Subaru because of all the complaints from main dealers over this. £85 then my keys need recoding all plus vat but their running a special scheme for older cars so I qualify for a 40% discount on labour and 10% on parts so shouln't be too bad, Oh and I get a new STI for a courtesy car cos the aftersales guy is from up North. Just got to manage till Tuesday without calling out green flag again.