Redundant

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by Torque, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Torque

Torque Active Member

Well, after almost 18 years with the NHS I'm redundant, who'd have thunk it.

Still, I don't desperately need to find work, in fact if I were to tighten the purse strings a tiny bit (is that possible I hear Scooby Towers and Mr Booth ask) I wouldn't need to work at all but, at 46 I think I'm a bit young to retire and more importantly, I actually do want to work so, let the job search begin.

2. klunker

klunker New Member

See it as a new opportunity.

What work/hours are you looking for?

3. Torque

Torque Active Member

Cheers, I'm not that sad to be have been made redundant to be fair and yes, I'm looking at it as an opportunity to try pastures new.

In a perfect world I'd be looking for part time something in information, accounts, project planning, procurement but it's far from a perfect world at the moment and I'll happily turn my hand to most things so am keeping my eye open for anything especially if it's local to me as I could do with downsizing my car.

4. klunker

klunker New Member

Well I'm based in Manchester, but we have sites all over.

Just PM me when you've had a long enough......well deserved of course........break. :)

(Not a certainty, but they do give any CV that current staff submit top priority.)

5. Torque

Torque Active Member

Thanks Graeme that's very good of you, I'll be in touch :D

6. adamb87

adamb87 New Member

sorry to hear it mate. i lost my job at christmas and have only just managed to find a new one....... with the NHS but on plumbing maintenance . good luck with the search !!

7. Torque

Torque Active Member

Cheers Adam :D

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now I know how much you've been wanting this, Now you can do a job you'll enjoy, Good luck Hope it's not too long and then you can switch the central heating back on :D

Michael

9. Torque

Torque Active Member

:lol: cheers Michael

10. Back on :?

AFAIK its never been on :lol:

11. Torque

Torque Active Member

You've got a point :lol: