Recommend a remap - North West.

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Wilky1974, Apr 20, 2010.

1. sipetre

sipetre New Member

andy car did mine, car drives brill now, very helpful and a good guy

2. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

yes u did fit 4 coil packs and a new fuel pump at cost wasnt botherd about ...... and yes it is going to steve simson to get it right as az ran off and told u i wasnt happy with how it ran and it was booked in to simsons place the monday after the north west stages but went bang on way home then u text not rang asked me saying .. y wasnt not happy with how the car runing and i text back saying it gone bang u text back saying <<<<<<<<<<oh shit >> car had only done about 95 miles after that went to andys fleetwood for new gearbox on his truck drove it home and went to northwest stages ...
    car never made it back ............. as to bare wires they may be map wires or the antilag wires just solderd and not tape round them only found that out when ste simson wanted a number off the ecu for somthing

3. Neil

Neil Active Member

Mark, what was the resulting failure on your engine :?:

4. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

it was first thought of crank failure but it turns out to be piston detination................

5. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

So what was wrong with the way it ran before it went bang? I thought it drove very smoothly, I knew it wasn't completely right because of the reasons stated above, there were things to be fixed and sorted before it cae back for me to check/tweak the map.

I only realised you weren't happy when Steve Simpson rang me to say you hadn't turned up and he tiold me that you had rung him to book your car in but told him you didn't know who had supplied and fitted the ECU.

Where was the bare wire? Can you send me a photo? Signal wires I always either heatshrink or insulate, I usually leave earth terminals bare.

Andrew...

6. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

no andrew will post pics up in hear not sending them to your phone i am going to have my say ... and in your last post u said u fitted plugs ??? thats funny u must have got your plugs from same place a got mine from greddy race ones ????

[​IMG]

7. edmy716

edmy716 Member

I map on the road and the rollers and both if the customers budget will allow. :wink:

8. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

Mark,

That looks like the wire to the antilag switch, it should have been insulated, I can't see how I would have missed that, did the antilag keep switching itself on all the time?

I didn't say I'd changed the plugs, I said I'd tried different sparkplugs, when the car was misfiring I first cleaned the plugs that were in it, then tried a set of PFR7Bs before you got a new set of coilpacks to me, in all I had the plugs in and out 3 times, I told you all this at the time. I was just emphasising the amount of work I put in on your car along with the fuel pump and pressure reg, various hose problems, etc, that I didn't and wouldn't charge any more for because I wanted the car to be right.

Whilst you (and anyone else) are perfectly entitled to post whatever you like about me on here, I can't believe that you didn't at least tell me you weren't happy with the car before talking to other people about remapping it, especially when we had agreed that there were problems with the car and I offered to look at it again when they were sorted.

In fact, I still have no idea what was wrong with the way the car drove?

Andrew...

9. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

andrew u got to see where im coming from after seeing them wires im absolultey pissed off all i wanted is my car right..................