Recommend a remap - North West.

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Wilky1974, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Wilky1974

Wilky1974 Member

Hi folks,

Final question I promise ( well for now !!! ). It seems like I have made all of the recommended mods to my 2004 WRX and I now need a remap. I live in the Wigan area but I am prepared to travel to get the job done properly ! Any recommendations for me ?? Is there anything I need to do before hand ? Obviously I am going to do the oil and make sure eveything is running as it should be ? Do I turn up with a full tank of V-Power ? Also I have heard of 'on road' mapping but not sure what it is ? I work for an emergency service so need my license for my job - does this mean driving in excess of the speed limits ?

Sorry for my ignorance folks but this is the first Subaru I have ever owned and I am trying to do as much work as I can whilst learning on the way !!! Finally thanks to everyone who has given me advice over the last few weeks !!!

Cheers,

Wilky.

:lol:

2. SUBRON9

SUBRON9 New Member

PM edmy716, the best in the business mate

3. lee928

lee928 Member

Hi paul, you will need to speak to andrew c who is on here. He maps most
    if not all of members cars on here and is based in preeston which is not
    too far away from you. Hope this helps. Lee :wink:

4. dougie94wrx

dougie94wrx Member

As Ronnie said Edmy is the man!!! :wink:

Dougie

5. Shmerman

Shmerman Active Member

Speak to Andrew C or Steve at cotcomp.

On road mapping means just that you map it whilst driveing on the road, as oppose to rolling road mapping.

6. Slik50

Slik50 New Member

I had mine done by AndrewC and I cant recomend him enough. I also have only heard good things about edmy and know some members on here that will not use anyone else. Either way using one of these guy's you will not go far wrong :wink:

7. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

i will have my 2ps worth now just make sure u get it mapped right i had nothing but probs with mine run fine befour new ecu and mapped ran shit after it was done .. guess what < the famous this caller is not available >>>> yes it did cost me a engine............. and best part of 5k in total me doing it my self................. sounds like easy money to me being a mapper takes your cash then fook off if u have probs ..... sounds more like the new dick turpin to me

8. nevo

nevo New Member

All of the info u have been given is top draw bud. All the mappers in this post are the best around .
    Most of the members cars that have replied are running well past standard power some over 450 bhp.
    I had mine done by Andrew carr , I am running 360 bhp same torqe and it runns like a dream.
    Use any one mentioned in the post and u will be well looked after.

9. Angry Kid

Angry Kid New Member

Got mine done off andrew c not had a problem car runs sweet.. :D

10. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

Andrew C did mine last week and he`s doing a mate`s next week, No problems recommending him he`s a top guy, my car is now :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. LeeDee

LeeDee New Member

Andrew C did mine, and not had a problem. Car runs like a dream :D

12. ScoobyLee

ScoobyLee New Member

Andrew c did my car, fantastic job.

Going back up to have a few more mods added and a map tweak from Andrew ;)

13. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

right my simtck ecu firstly .. the pressure sensor wires ,< bare> can post pics is u all like ..... secondly the pressure sensor not even connected to intake can post pics if u like spoke to steve simson and he said no wonder engine went bang if andrew wants to reply i would like an explanation on these faults ..... mark

14. Shmerman

Shmerman Active Member

Im not sure this thread would be the right place for a grevence?

15. 5N!P3R

5N!P3R Active Member

Andrew C did mine car runs great

16. nevo

nevo New Member

Yep.

17. jimmybling

jimmybling New Member

18. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

he not a club sponsor and i still waiting for a reply ......... my car not a air filter and exhaust remap like most that replyed.........

19. Wilky1974

Wilky1974 Member

Thanks for all of the responses. Spoke to Andrew today and have my car booked in for 4th May. He also recommended some Samco hoses so just ordered a set of those too ! Will let you know how I get on but can't wait !

Thanks,

Paul.

20. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

Mark,

Firstly the MAP sensor must have been fitted correctly otherwise the car wouldn't have run at all (it's a MAP based ECU).

When I handed the car over to you it was driving smoothly and safely and I told you about the various outstanding issues:

1. There were some engine noises that I could hear through my detcans which I knew were not det but that I had retarded the ignition slightly. There were also lots of other mechanical noises some of which I suspected were gearbox and a definite mechanical rattle on the engine, you took the car away to check these out and I agreed to check the car over and tweak the ECU as required FOC when you had done this.

2. When I fitted the ECU I did not place the Air Temp Sensor into the front mount pipework as it was concered it was too thin to drill and tap, I pointed this out to you and you said you could get a boss or plate ali welded in place.

If you remember correctly I spent a considerable amount of time sorting out extra problems like the fuel pump, fitting the coilpacks which you supplied, trying different sparkplugs, replacing various hoses, etc, etc, all of which I was happy to do in order to make the car drive as best as I could make it.

I have spoken to you several times since fitting the ECU, most recently when you called to pickup the droplinks from my house, and you have never said that there was anything wrong with the way the car drove, I believe that this was about the time that you were having a different gearbox fitted and you said that you would be booking it back in for the checkup/tweak in a couple of weeks.

Likewise, we have exchanged PM's on here about various parts for your new engine build and not once have you mentioned any faults relating to the ECU.

Andrew...